Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

used steam boiler source

Options
John Shea
John Shea Member Posts: 247
Hello Wallies,

Long time since I've posted, but I've been reading posts since I first found the site. ... Great to read the posts as always.

I have a customer with several apartment building boilers that all need either replacement or repair (section replacement). Currently looking for a used 800k btu and a used 1,000k btu steam boiler.

Located in Michigan, but I'm sure arrangements could be made for reasonable distance pickup/delivery as well.

Please contact me if you have either size or know of a source for used boilers.

Thanks in advance.

John S. <a href="mailto:jshea@detroitsteamheat.com">jshea@detroitsteamheat.com</a>

Comments

• Brad White_2
    Brad White_2 Member Posts: 188
    Options
    If not E-Bay

might there be a rental boiler company (Kewaunee or CB on skids) that might have a semi-retired model?
  • Unknown
    Options
    what do u

What do u have there now?
  • John S.
    John S. Member Posts: 260
    Options
  • John S.
    John S. Member Posts: 260
    Options
    not sure...

involved in the sale of the jobs as well as the task of trying to locate the used equipment (at this point).

The sale is for a friend/installer, who performed the survey. I'll obtain and post the details.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Christian Egli_2
    Christian Egli_2 Member Posts: 812
    Options
    Steam replacement therapy

Used boiler dealers seem geared towards supplying replacement boilers within minutes, for customers exhibiting severe withdrawal symptoms when their steam is broke. I find this service fantastic, but it is not the cheapest either.

You have a home heating application, so there shouldn't be a big rush, yet. Pointing that out should hopefully lower prices.

In Detroit, there are loads of machine dealers and loads of metal finishing companies and such that use boilers. Perhaps giving a call to a local dealer might get you a good steam fix. Check also auction sales for closing plants and schools, with any luck you'll get your boiler for five bucks.

I include a link to the machine dealer association, look for some near you.

http://www.mdna.org/machinery/

This is just one more idea, the good one has already been proposed by Brad, as usual.

This discussion has been closed.