Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ever get the BUG?....

And a big guy named Bruno to catch the sucker. You have one shot.

:)

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Inventions for HVACR

I've Often sat back and wondered what would make our job easier, better, more efficient, less stressful, less back breaking, etc...??? Just curious as to what you guy's are thinking without giving away any potential revelations... Just as an example, I would love to develop some kind of rigging that can raise 200 to 400 lbs. on to a 30 or so foot roof without using a crane, multiple man power, and expense. The hard part is it MUST be safe....
    ;-)

Mike T.
  • don_182
    don_182 Member Posts: 69
    I know of nothing.

Its the nature of the beast.This job if you're not careful can harm you in so many ways.

Now that I been in it for over 25 years and I have had my first heart attack I often wonder what I could have done differently.

I have come to the conclusion that time was my biggest down fall.

If I had took the time to eat properly.If I had took the time to rest my body like it should have been rested.
    If I would have realize that the 24 hour in a day was not for work alone.

And that some things should be put off for another day.

Now that I manage my time more wisely I, find life to be so much less stressful.

As they say you can abuse yourself for so long and then it becomes time to write the bill.

So I would have to say, time management would be one.
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322

> And a big guy named Bruno to catch the sucker.

> You have one shot.

>

> :)

• S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    Brad

Have you ever seen the video of the absolutley mad English gentleman who designed and built a Trebuchet capable of throwing pianos and small cars? It really is something to behold and I'll see if I can track down the link for all to enjoy. In one clip they loaded up a small car of Eastern European vintage (a Trabant I think) and hurled the sucker something like 600 feet. It must be fun to have the time and money to build and play with a toy like that.
  • Brad White_98
    Brad White_98 Member Posts: 7
    It is a blast, Steve...

There was an article in Scientific American which I held onto on the very subject. I will have to see if it is the same Mad Englishman (Or Mad Dogs and Englishmen sitting in the mid-day sun...) Anyway...

Yes, if you find it, do share!

A friend built a small one (25 foot arm) after seeing it on the TV show "Northern Exposure". In the show it was to be used to launch a cow but the animal rights folks prevailed and they launched an upright piano instead.

My friend used it to launch everything you can imagine (watermelons anyone?)

Almost as much fun as ME's Potato Gun I would think....
  • Darin(in Michigan)
    Darin(in Michigan) Member Posts: 90
    WHAT THE.....???

Why is it that four ads for piano movers ended up in the margin under the google flag when you guys were talking about catapaulting them to certain doom.
    You people are just plain wrong:)))
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    S Ebels.....

Global warming, Bah Humbug,.....The emissions of hydrocarbons into the atmosphere.........But it looked fun. A while back, a woman took the dare to be the first human to be thrown with a machine similar to this one. They calculated the distance, she took off and hit the net right on. She then bounced out of the net and broke her hip and a couple of other painful things. Did you catch this anywhere? I think it was on the Discovery channel a while back;-)

Mike T.
  • Brad White_98
    Brad White_98 Member Posts: 7
    That's the one, Steve!

The car he tossed was the one illustrated (painting not a photo) in Scientific American. The issue has to be 4-5 years old now.

I like the sub-title of Mr. Kennedy: "Rich English Guy"....

But of course...
  • Charles G.
    Charles G. Member Posts: 113
    Mad, man

Now that's entertainment!
This discussion has been closed.