Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Care to Ride event breaks its record for fundraising

Options
Judy Garber_2
Judy Garber_2 Member Posts: 5
As many of you know, Dan Holohan and I along with a couple of additional directors (Bob Hedden, Mike Markarian, NEFI; Kevin Shea, J.M. Shea Fuel; David Bessette, President of NAOHSM and Kevin Rooney of OSI, manage the Oil Heat Cares Foundation. Since so many of you have been supportive of our events, I thought that I'd share with you the early results of the Care to Ride Event held in Hershey, PA this past Monday - we raised over $75,000. Special thanks to Don Farrell, Oilheating Journal for thinking of this great idea.

For those of you who have supported us in any way - THANK YOU. Of further interest, I got home from the convention yesterday and had a fax laying on my machine - a completed form for our first Oil Heat Cares Project in Canada.

At our Awards Banquet, attendees learned the winner of the annual "cup". The directors of OHC reviewed all of the jobs completed this year and had a tough job singling out any particular job - so we played off of the Times 2006 Man of the Year Award - that being YOU. All of those that did jobs in 2006 and into the future - I want to personally thank you from the bottom of my heart - our industry is made up of some of the most talented and caring people that I know.

Also, thank you to all that have contributed to other fundraising efforts - Plumbing & Mechanical for presenting me with a check from advertising revenue, Taco for the Gillette Stadium event held in April and last year's winner of the "cup" our own Garden State Chapter - they turned in the cup with a $1000.00 contribution.

Finally while I have your attention - thank you to everyone (especially our wonderful volunteers - John Wilcox and his wife Pat, Jay Moser and many others) that made our 54th Annual Convention & Trade Show a success - early indicators tell us that we had a record breaking event. Thank you, Judy Garber

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    NAOHSM. a well oiled machine!

Two thumbs up to Judy,her members, and volunteers.

I attended the show this week in Hershey, WOW.

Undoubtably a lot of time and effort is required to make it all happen so smoothly. Even the weather was managed perfectly.

A very smooth running, fun event. Thanks.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.