Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler Replacement

Options
Susan_14
Susan_14 Member Posts: 1
My husband and I are looking at buying a HUD home in Ohio. We had the inspection today and were told that the boiler should be replaced since water has been in it and cause some rust in the bottom of the boiler. We have a furnace man coming to look at it tomorrow, since out inspector could not run a dry system (it has been winterized and the system is full of air not water). I am unfamiliar with this type of heating and am not sure what to do next. Can anyone give me some advice as to a reliable installer, price estimates, and so forth? The help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    i am all over it like a cheap suit *~/:)

Look at find a professional on the pipes:)

top left hand corner by the on line shop tab of the menue :) I love talking computer-ease :)
  • Unknown
    Options
    at least the inspector knew the diffrence!

Had one job where the inspector said the furance is okay after the home was empty for the winter... Came along first cold nite, homeowner cranked up the thermostat and heard some strange noise and called my former company... Came out and checked the boiler that been drained and dry fired... And the bs home inspection are not liable for their inspection... One of the biggest ripoff... Anyway back to your boiler, your best bet to hire a BOILER PRO to check over the system... Yes, there's suppose to be water INSIDE the boiler , not flooded outside if that's what you meant, other appliancces will need to be checked if that's the case...
This discussion has been closed.