Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham Revolution

Options
tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,765
> Looking for a new boiler for a multi temp system, <BR>
> Radiant, hydro coils & indirect. Burnham <BR>
> revolution looks like a nice unit. Any feed back <BR>
> on this boiler? <BR>
<BR>
I really have been happy with the Triangle tube Prestige boiler. Stainless, low pressure drop, higher water volume and no service issues to date. JMHO Tim

Comments

• andy_21
    andy_21 Member Posts: 42
    Options
    burnham revolution

Looking for a new boiler for a multi temp system, Radiant, hydro coils & indirect. Burnham revolution looks like a nice unit. Any feed back on this boiler?
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Options
    How about...

Have you considered the Freedom? It eliminates the return temp protection problem altogether, and adds efficiency.
  • kal_2
    kal_2 Member Posts: 60
    Options
    recommend lochinvar knight..

http://www.lochinvar.com/product.asp?cat=B&cls=ALL&prod=KBN080&ln=KBN

run the high temp loads off the DomestiHotWater input and the radiant off the SpaceHeating inputs

this is a proven design - i have installed 13 myself
  • Will_5
    Will_5 Member Posts: 85
    Options
    RV's

Mike,
    I've put in a bunch over the years with very little problems. They are very efficient, very reliable and very service friendly. I'm certainly not saying that I have anything against Mod/Cons, I use them also, I have used the RV's in higher temp systems and for customers who I know I don't want any trouble with on call backs in the future.

C
  • andy_21
    andy_21 Member Posts: 42
    Options

If I were to go Mod/con. I'd have to stick w/ stainless HX so the freedom is out, was really interested in the Knight, But finding a contractor that was familiar w/ it is like pulling teeth, I found 1 guy from the manufacture site & all he wanted to sell was a Munchkin, so I'm back to a cast iron boiler w/ outdoor reset
  • CC.Rob_4
    CC.Rob_4 Member Posts: 37
    Options
    rv owner

HO here with an RV. Nice boiler. Generally happy with it. Handles two zones of fin-tube and an indirect. tekmar 260 runs the show.

If you can't go mod/con, then IMHO the Revolution is a simple, all-in-one-box solution for systems needing protection from low return temps.
  • Mitch_5
    Mitch_5 Member Posts: 102
    Options
    Weil Mclain Ultra

Series 2 Ultras have been working out well.

Mitch S.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Dave_4
    Dave_4 Member Posts: 1,405
    Options
    Material

Out of curiosity what do you have against aluminum? I've used both and have had no problem with either. It has certainly been debated on this site over and over and come out a draw.I believe in Europe it is about a 50/50 split on SST vs AL,As long as you are not using antifreeze I would not shy away from aluminum products.
  • Unknown
    Options

"Proven design"?

You're running high temp demands on high fire with priority, like a domestic demand?

I'm sorry, that's a really bad idea unless you're doing something funky like mixing down off of the indirect storage jacket to get buffer capacity or something. Your high temp demands have no reset and you are running the boiler flat out every time they call.. that just can't be a good idea.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,765
    Options
    Boiler selection

Look at the Triangle Tube Prestige, higher water volume, low press. drop. Really been happy with them and no service problems to date. JMHO, Tim
  • The Wire Nut
    The Wire Nut Member Posts: 422
    Options
    I'm not sure it was a draw...

... I think Perry posted some very interesting information re: the market penetration of SS vs. Al in condensing boilers in the EU. I believe the Al-HX condensing boilers there have a lower market share than the stainless models. I don't have enough knowledge about the subject to form an opinion.

However, I think everyone agrees that Al-HX systems are more likely to develop an issue if the pH goes off, glycol is used, etc. That's not to say that such issues have to happen. The number of US boiler manufacturers bringing out such designs seems to indicate how confident they are that such boilers will not result in expensive warranty claims.

pH is easy to test for, test strips are cheap, it's just another thing the annual maintenance procedure should call for, right? Just like online cutsheets, manuals can be changed on the fly to reflect the latest updates the manufacturer can recommend to the end consumer.
    "Let me control you"

Lost in SOHO NYC and Balmy Whites Valley PA
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Options
    boilers

I've installed MZs, Vitodens, GB142s, Munchkins and Knights and they all have their pros and cons.

The Freedom does look like a nice unit too.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.