Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Duct Design Software - Darin Cook

Options
Darin Cook_5
Darin Cook_5 Member Posts: 298
Can anyone guide me to a good duct sizing/heat gain software? I am looking for something better than just a air duct calculator. Thanks for any help!!

Darin

Comments

• Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Options
    Elite Software

has a program for residential and light commercial size projects called, amazingly enough, "Duct Size" (How DO they do it??).

What kind of duct calculator are you using? Charts or a circular sliderule?

For all of my work and for over 30 years now, I have never used a duct program, just a Trane "Duct-u-lator" or the Loren Cook company equivalent. And I am fast. :)

Do you have one? I can spot you one if you send me your mailing address. Give me 30 minutes with you and one of those tools and I will have you sizing more ducks than the Northeast Flyway can handle. Trust me.
  • Darin Cook_5
    Options
    Sir Brad

> has a program for residential and light

> commercial size projects called, amazingly

> enough, "Duct Size" (How DO they do

> it??).

>

> What kind of duct calculator are you

> using? Charts or a circular sliderule?

>

> For

> all of my work and for over 30 years now, I have

> never used a duct program, just a Trane

> "Duct-u-lator" or the Loren Cook company

> equivalent. And I am fast. :)

>

> Do you have one?

> I can spot you one if you send me your mailing

> address. Give me 30 minutes with you and one of

> those tools and I will have you sizing more ducks

> than the Northeast Flyway can handle. Trust me.

Darin
  • Darin Cook_5
    Options
    Sir Brad

Thanks for the response. I have a Lima Air Duct Calculator. I am (ahem) a piping guy and while I have assembled plenty of tin (plenty of hand scars to prove it!!), I have not done much in the way of sizing systems.
    A ductulator lesson is definetly in order!

Great time seeing you in NYC. You are a real gentlemen! Anthony and myself look forward to seeing you soon.

Darin
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Options
    Absolutely, Darin!

It is the least I can do for you and your service. Fire off your snail-mail address to me and I will get a nice duct calculator on it's way to you soon. We can do a lesson over the phone although face to face is always far better!

Yes, Friday (into Saturday) was a night to remember. Way too short. Looking forward to seeing you again and to meeting Anthony.

And don't call me sir! I work for a livin'.... :)
  • hvacfreak
    hvacfreak Member Posts: 439
    Options
    Lima calculator

I like the Lima calculator for the return grille sizes on the back. The Lennox ( and more recently , Home Depot ) calculator has the eqivilant length of fittings on the back. Remember , residential supply duct is .10 static within 100 ft to the longest outlet ( linear plus eqiv. length ). Return duct should be based on 600 fpm ( velocity only as compared to equiv. length with in 100 ft ). Low velocity return ducts make for great residential ac and heat pump systems ( and commercial for that matter ). - FREEEEEEEEEAK !!!
This discussion has been closed.