Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

truck bed radiant???

Options
Weezbo
Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
go large :) think semi trucks :)

Comments

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Options

Any way with a mixing valve to use the water pump of the vehicle to pump hot water through hpex to the bed for heat? Not sure what pressure the engine hot water sits at or the temp of engine water, but it sure seems doable...does it not??? Wouldn't the water pump move the water through the loop?

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • mtfallsmikey
    mtfallsmikey Member Posts: 765
    Options
    Also used by

Auto windshield installers. There is a heated box they keep their windshield sealant in to keep it pliable for wintertime installs.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,210
    Options
    Also DHW from vehicles

in the RV industry they sell small heat exhangers for generating DHW from the trucks cooling system.

I had an Iszuz in Utah that we wrapped the diesel lines and fuel filter to prevent the fuel from gelling. It had Entran 2 in the loop :)

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Kevin O. Pulver
    Kevin O. Pulver Member Posts: 380
    Options
    So Timco

Are you going to use Gyp-Crete for the bed, or something like Warm-Board or Gypcrete? Make sure you don't gas yourself sleeping in the back! Another application: I know a guy who does foundation water-proofing. The stuff he sprays has to be heated up in a large tank. The truck cooling sytem becomes the tank heating system.
    Kevin
  • Bob Gagnon plumbing and heating
    Options
    I hooked up

about 8' high output baseboard in a 1963 Chevy van in the late 70'S. It worked good, I just hooked it up to the 7/8" heater hose and added more anti-freeze. I had a lot of fun in that van. Bob Gagnon

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Options
    Webasto

A Webasto sleeper heater might work.
This discussion has been closed.