Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

IN NJ is a

Options
Weezbo
Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
i may be incorrect in this however ,...many states have a 24 hour or one day work rule about some repairs about the home. basically it reads out as you can do certain work about the home without a act of congress and ten state agencies becoming involved...

it depends on the nature of the work,brain surgery is out *~/:) however baseboard...baseboard, been... berry berry, Good....to me :)

it would benifit you to ask another code savey dude :) he comes here often. His name is Robert.He keeps after it an lives on the east coast.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    IN NJ is a

permit required to install baseboard and the copper lines to them.This would be a 6 family house.I realize a permit is needed for the boilers.A handy friend wants to install copper and baseboard and hire a plumber just for the 6 boiler installs.thanks Mike
  • Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Options
    I don't know about NJ, but

if you want to spend a great deal of money, rough it in copper. Unless there is a very drastick depression in the copper market, most of my customers are going to PXA (pex-al-pex) for all their rough-ins. a well known copper fitting rep was in the other day, and said copper fittings sales are dismal, with no end in sight. I think we are seeing a major "Passage" in the industry. And with the near approach of 1¼-1½" PXA, residential systems will soon be trimmed with no steel pipe or copper at all.

Jed
  • STEVE PAUL_3
    STEVE PAUL_3 Member Posts: 126
    Options

NJ requires only that a licensed plumber install and make the connection from the backflow preventor to the boiler. This needs a permit. The installation of the baseboard and piping does not require a permit.
  • MIKE6
    MIKE6 Member Posts: 102
    Options
    baseboard

thank you for the replies
    mike
  • Mitch_4
    Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
    Options
    I thought

that is was bazeball... been berry berry good...to me.

SNL

Wow talk about Flashback.thanks Weezbo
  • jim_57
    jim_57 Member Posts: 41
    Options
    BB permit?

Check with your local code enforcement official. A very few municipalities require a permit to do anything, including the addition of BB, heating or cooling registers, light switches, etc. This might be especially true in a commercial situation.
  • frank_25
    frank_25 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Want to get confussed???

IN NYC. a replacement boiler needs to be permitted by the installer, A Licensed Plumber if the boiler is gas fired. He is then responsible for the make up water connection w/ the bfp, the flue piping and the gas piping and inspected by a plumbing inspector. An oil fired boiler is permitted by a Licensed Oil Burner Installer, who installs the boiler, water male up, bfp, flue, oil and coil piping. No one inspects these boilers in one and two family homes. No plumbing license is required, yet there is plumbing work being done If the boiler is 350,001 BTU or more, a professional engineer must file the job, then permitted by the installer, plumber or oil-man, inspected by plumbing division and boiler division. Now, God forbid a h.o. installed the same plumbing in his own home and got caught, he'd be looking at a minimum of $350 fine, and getting a professional to obtain a permit. Why are oil companies exempt from having their work inspected? NYC in all it's mind boggling paper work cannot seem to fine an answer. I work for an oil company, am a licensed plumber and a retired inspector. This thing has been going on since the first oil burner was installed in a small house!
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,113
    Options
    before framing inspection

I believe that no permit is required but all the piping should be installed before the framing inspection as plumbing ,electrical ,a/c installation inspection before framing to ensure no weight bearing joists or beams have been hacked to nothing .peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
This discussion has been closed.