Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco ESP

Weezbo
Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
and new zone valves? Also, while i am about it....Is the 1"4 way Iseries R really back logged till july15th ?

Comments

• Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    ESP's are \"history\"

> and new zone valves? Also, while i am about

> it....Is the 1"4 way Iseries R really back logged

> till july15th ?

• Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    ESP's are \"history\"

Weezbo, I just spoke with my Rep for Taco, and the ESP's are officially discontinued. They're develeping a totally new valve operator, and will call it VSP (I think). There is an interim replacement head which will need to be hard wired, if you need to replace an existing ESP head.

This will be a VERY hard sell in my opinion. How many strikes before you're out.

Jed
  • Josh_10
    Josh_10 Member Posts: 787

Wow good to know. I hope the new version looks nicer. The black plastic just wasn't doing it for me.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577

I haven't used any of the ESP zone valves, but I remember people were having trouble with the first generation ones. I take it you folks had a lot of problems with them?
    Ross
  • Mark Chaffee
    Mark Chaffee Member Posts: 30
    The Scoop on the ESP Name Change

Due to a settlement agreement over a product trade name we had to change the name of the ESP Zone Valve as of May 31, 2006. The ESP Zone Valve is now known as the Electronic Ball Valve (EBV) Zone Valve.

In accordance with the settlement we discontinued use of all materials carrying the ESP Zone Valve product name. Our reps and wholesalers may continue to sell the ESP product which was in inventory until depleted, there is no need to return your inventory to Taco for re-labeling. Only the name is changing, there are no physical changes to the product or the replacement actuators. All product sold by Taco after May 31, 2006 will carry the Electronic Ball Valve (EBV) Zone Valve trade name. New literature is being prepared and will be available shortly at www.taco-hvac.com.

Sincerely,

Mark Chaffee
    Sr. Product Manager
    Taco, Inc.
  • Mark Chaffee
    Mark Chaffee Member Posts: 30
    iValve Avaialability

Looks like you were quoted "standard factory leadtimes". Most reps have them in stock and I also have a some in stock at Taco. If you place an order I am sure you will have them much quicker then the 15th.

Mark Chaffee
    Sr. Product Manager
    Taco, Inc.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Thank You for the reply.

the 4 ways would be benifical in Alaska :)we have an on going battle to heat the environment :)
  • Josh_10
    Josh_10 Member Posts: 787

Hey Mark how bout throwing a little Taco Green paint on em? The black plastic makes them look a little cheap. Reminds me of ABS pipe.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.