Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

System Problem

Options
Chances are the air temp would be to hi if I understand you correctly. Sounds Like the entire job, (although i KNOW THE OWNERE DONT WAT TO HEAR IT) NEEDS TO BE SERIOUSLY REDONE!!!!. Just as an added plus, I is bad news to even think about this senerio as exhaust fans are incorporated here. I'll almot bet that the entire Pressure in the building changes like the weather.... Just my 2 cents.

Mike T.

I would love to see pictures of this set up.

Comments

• Big Ed
    Big Ed Member Posts: 1,117
    Options
    Fresh Air

This problem has been around the block through several changes until it was thrown into my lap... The job is a city restarant...one 40ton cliller with inside cooling tower ducted to the out side through part of the eating area.Slightly restricted at
    that end.A extra take off to the out side was added at this same end. Two self contained package units suspend over head on both ends of eating area. The problem is the air intake for cooling the condenser on the package near the cooling tower exhurst. It needs a fresh air intake and there is no way according to the engineer to add a intake vent.Right now its shut down I found it open sucking out condisioned air .The other unit is ducted and cooled from the outside...The question is what degree of problems if we duct the condensor intake from the exhust of the cooling tower.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    Fresh Air

Hi Big Ed!Couple of thoughts here,Does the kitchen exhaust hood system incorporate a "make-up air"system? And does the water tower exhaust duct going across the cieling of the eating area bring to mind "LEGIONARES DISEASE",so is the water in the tower properly treated?Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.