Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HELP My heating is costing me a fortune

chigum
chigum Member Posts: 3
can u give me that link again to take me to that forum ,,, cheers mate

Comments

• chigum
    chigum Member Posts: 3
    heating and venting

I have an halstead boiler fitted less than 2 years ago. ALl was going well till a few weeks ago. i got a bath and the water kept running hot and cold. So oi got the firm out who said there was debri in the boiler. hey cleaned it and again it happened. This is now the third time the system runs hot and col, the hboiler goes into lock out and it vents from the back.It even vents and the system empites when the boiler aint switched on. Can anyone please help me, this boiler has cost me a fortune and i think it gonna cost even more. thanks guys
  • Brad White_87
    Brad White_87 Member Posts: 24
    Where to start...

Is the pump drawing away from the expansion tank or is it pumping toward it? It should always pump away. If not the system can become airbound; in short-hand, over time the expansion tank can become depleted of air (lose it's cushion effect) during venting of radiators over time. One thing to look at anyway.

More things:
    Is the expansion tank water-logged?
    Is the fill valve leaking by?

Either of those two things can lead to over-pressurization and tripping of the relief valve.

Normally this will not drain the system, just take the edge off. But if the valve does not re-seat it can lose a lot more water than normal. The lockout may be by the low water cut-off, a good thing because it is doing it's job.

Any possibility of leaks anywhere else?

Is the DHW made within the boiler via an immersed coil?

Too many things which may be possible. These are a few that I would start with.

Brad

EDIT- Clearly I am not familiar with Halstead boilers.. Thanks Weezbo..
  • too many possibly

As Brad stated, there's too many possible things to look for, any way u can post pictures of ur boiler? Sorry, I get the feeling the job wasn't installed by a pro...
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    it will require someone with tools and some saving graces

I have looked at the Halsted Boilers and what i saw is that they are all condensing technology. many minor technicalities could be involved. I have a link if i can find it for a group in England Scotland Ireland and Wales let me see if i can find it. i think they have a contact list for qualified techs ...

look under EST.org.uk/CAfE/forum i wish i could write in blue *~/:)

when the page comes up as EST on the search engine hit the blue link HERE then you can go to the forum and ask, they are all about saving your Pounds Shillings and pence :)
  • Weezbo
    *~/:)

Did you see the part about some of the programmes that are available for various items of energy conservation?of interest is ,there are some government grants,of modest amounts to help get the work done.... Chirp up GSHP and that you had considerd a ground source heat pump,...Like That a couple of times as that is the pet bee in their bonnet as it were :)

there is another site or two....:) however i have to get another cupocoffee:)

o.k. I'm Baaa -ack :)http://est.org.uk/cafe/forum/

there are some links that you can find these neighbourhood programmes...like i say though if you chirp up GSHP';;s,... and how you then decieded to roll with a condensing boiler... someone will chirp up :)
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    My Goodness Weezbo....

We write with a touch of Albion this morning! So, dare I say it, colourful?

Cheerio!

Time for tea yet?

Brad
  • Weezbo
    :)

Arrrh Ladd..ita me third cupocoffee this morning *~/:)or is it a slightly cloudy day in the afternoon:)
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    The Sun Never Sets

1. On the British Empire;

2. Alaska in Summer

3. Australia except at night.
This discussion has been closed.