Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham MPO?

I feel it necessary to clear the air a bit here. The two that you are referring to are more than likely not anything to do with the boiler casting at all. They are probably due to one of the Supply or Return tree manifolds leaking from possible misalignment of the thread bore or over tightening. We supply (but do not install) an 1-1/2" cast iron supply manifold with (2) 1/2" and (1) 3/4" fpt tappings for the high limit, optional LWCO and optional Aux. limit. We also supply a 2" return manifold with (2) 3/4" fpt tappings for the relief valve location. Early on (last year) we found that the bore for the threads on a select few of these may have been slightly off center of the boss. We also powder coat all of the manifolds and early on we found some that were not plugged or taped during that process thus allowing coating on the threads. Due to this, possible over-tightening of the components that thread into them was causing them to crack and leak. Since we can't control how these components are threaded into the manifolds, we dealt with the probability of this ever occuring again a different way. We remedied this by reinforcing all of the bosses on these manifolds and covering the threads during the powder coating process. As I stated, this was NOT a casting problem with the boiler at all but simply an issue with the manifolds that we supply to thread into the boiler. The few that did occur were a few too many and we took this very seriously. The leaks did not require any boilers to be changed out, just the supply or return manifold. I have posted a picture of the supply manifold below. That's the rest of the story! Hope this helps.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.

Comments

• Eric Davis
    Eric Davis Member Posts: 1
    Burnham MPO oil boiler?

Does anyone have experience with the Burnham MPO oil boiler? How has it been, good, bad, or whatever?

Thanks
    Eric
    Seattle, WA
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    actually

I just completed my first install with the MPO. I was impressed with the boiler from the minute I saw it. The boiler ran smooth, quiet and extremely efficient. As far as I can tell at this point it was well thought out from front to back...
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    i like them.

i'd post a pic with the RMB buh my electric camera makes too large a picture and its a hassel to get the picture off the camera into the computer then onto the desktop then into a thread attachment.
  • mpo sound

is the mpo as quiet as the smaller g115 series buderus,, i heard my first buderus run last winter and with a riello f-3 that baby was quiet,,,
  • lchmb
    yes

When I fired up the install the other day my customer had a big grin on his face. He was absolutely tickled pink at what little noise the unit produced...
  • dwk
    dwk Member Posts: 17
    Burnham MPO

Never have installed any, but was at nefi not long ago and some guys in class installed some and two leaked,guess they havn't fixed their casting problems yet. So I stay away.
    DJ
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Buderus Makes MPO For Burnham

Maybe they send the ones to Burnham that do not live up to Buderus's quality? They will work the kinks out someday
    DJ
  • lchmb
    Why

DJ why would you post something that is not a fact? Is it your trying to start something or just lack knowledge and understanding of what your talking about? You are not hurting anyone's image other than your own.
  • Disregard

Disregard any and all of the comments that DJ is making. Just another example of someone who is either misinformed, brainwashed or both. I now know where the comments he made above regarding leakers come from and I doubt they are of any substance either. The MPO is not in any way shape or manner made by anyone except Burnham. It and all of our cast iron boilers are made right in our own foundry in Zanesville, Ohio. You can't say that of any other boiler manufacturer doing business in this country.

I can honestly say that I don't know of a single installer that has not liked this boiler after installing it. We have worked very closely with just about everyone that has installed these to be sure of this. Aside from a couple of minor details such as I described above, the MPO has been absolutely flawless. I stake my reputation on that and anyone who knows me knows what kind of weight that carries.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
This discussion has been closed.