Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Drawing criique

Options
Jed_2
Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
I will try to post a Gadwin capture of my Visio drawing. Never done this before, so hope it works. Just putting it out there for critique. Have at it.

Comments

• Jed_2
    Options
    Above Floor Site Fabricated (hey, Paul Rohrs)

I will try to post a Gadwin capture of my Visio drawing. Never done this before, so hope it works. Just putting it out there for critique. Have at it. The job is for the HO to site fabricate the above floor radiant panel with HTP's and routed OSB or plywood. Not sure what the sub-floor exactly will be. But, just wondering what other's might think. No exceptional AED excersion(insolation). Heat Loss is about 21,000 BTU/H @ -20°F ODT. Maybe a bit too low for this area, but does give wiggle room with SWT's. Used Viega Radaint Wizard and Viso 2003 Pro.

Jed
  • Jed_2
    Options
    Never mind. Sorry

• Paul Rohrs_4
    Paul Rohrs_4 Member Posts: 466
    Options
    Hey Jed

Show us what you are working on. I heard that a Picasso went for $25 million yesterday and a Monet sold for $44 million.

I am thinking about taking a few of the nicer visio drawings, putting a frame around them, and calling Sotheby's. Bidding might start a little bit lower I suppose. When sold, I would hope to get enough to buy a cup of coffee.

How about all of you folks with the new HydroniCAD. Let's see some of your design work?

Regards,

PR

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Jed_2
    Options
    O.K. - O.K.

I just didn't want to post too much info about this job. When I tried it the first time, I didn't set the capture preferences and it posted the entire file screen. I have been playing with Gadwin Print Capture, and wasn't comfortable with the capture. Maybe this will work.

A cup of coffee, Paul, vs. millions? Well, we gotta start somewhere. Anyway, here it is. Comments welcomed.

Jed
  • Terry_14
    Terry_14 Member Posts: 209
    Options
    impresive

do you receive materials list with drawing?

Terry
  • Paul Rohrs_5
    Paul Rohrs_5 Member Posts: 134
    Options
    Nice work Jed

Tell me about this "Gadwin Capture" program/function. Sounds interesting.

Paul

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Jed_2
    Options
    Thanks, Paul, Terry

I develop a materials list(estimate) from the drawing and the rest of the system requirements.

Paul, Siggy posted a link to Gadwin Print Screen some time ago < http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/ >. I haven't used it much, But it is pretty easy to use, and can come handy sometimes. The scale and page size of the drawing is oversized, so clarity is reduced when re-sizing for a smaller viewing area.

Jed
  • Unknown
    Options

Looks nice, but I would split the bath and hall onto its own shorter loop, so you can isolate it from the kitchen if balancing is needed.
  • Jed_2
    Options
    Rob

Thanks for your suggestion.

I would agree in most cases. In this case the Unit Load is nearly identical for all rooms(Flooring considered), with SWT requirements within 10°F. I arranged it this way for best loop equality, as there won't be a balancing manifold, just valved copper. It is a pretty open floor plan.

Jed
This discussion has been closed.