Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heating appliances in laundry rooms

Options
JoeC
JoeC Member Posts: 43
I'm sure we've all seen it, boilers and furnaces sharing the same room space as the laundry equipment. I've heard that the slight chlorine bleach fumes eat up heat exchange surfaces???, and can testify to finding burner blowers caked with lint. Please chime in any thoughts or experiences on this subject. Have a great day! Joe

Comments

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,111
    Options
    lint ,chlorineand dry cleaners

Yes i must say i have seen plenty of oil fired boilers in laundry rooms only to have blower wheels and air inlets loaded with lint plus no combustion air also have seen dry cleaners which where located below a apartment whose hot air furnaces heat exchanger was full of holes only after about 1 seasons use the second one only lasted a little bit longer about 2 seasons.So to say the least i was always was told that most cleaning agents which contain phopurus which can produce small amount of vapors can and will effect heat exchangers when drawn in and mixed with combustion air .I did do another job that was the dirtest ever and the ho had loads of dogs which deficated in the home the ho used bleach to cut the odar and in less then a year the heat exchanger was changed out from decay brought to are attention by the local gas ulity co . So to end it all i must say that proper uncontainanted combustion air is very important even sometimes when your pulling outside air one should always look at the area . peace clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
This discussion has been closed.