Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rent-a-tradesman

Options
John R. Hall
John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
I couldn't agree with you more. I'm not a fan of political correctness yet I still enjoy pointing it out!

Comments

• John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    Pay by the hour

I saw a big ad in our local newspaper for a company called "Rent-A-Tradesman." The ad emphasizes that the work is "by the hour" and not "by the job." Although the ad didn't identify HVAC or plumbing as one of the trades represented, it did mention bath remodeling. It sounds like a handyman-type business and certainly no competition for professionals who design and build HVAC and plumbing systems. But I wonder if it cuts into any small repair or service work, possibly.

At least it puts the prices right out there in the ads regarding hourly rates for homeowners to see and agree to. Of course parts are extra and there is an automatic $75 fee to show up at the home (hmmm, a "show up" fee).

I also see that the company name is politically incorrect unless there are no females in their nationwide network.
  • bigugh_4
    bigugh_4 Member Posts: 406
    Options
    Dear John, (I luv this opening)

"I also see that the company name is politically incorrect unless there are no females in their nationwide network." Holy Cow! "Rent-A-Tradesperson"? Comeon is this your position or is it that your business is that sensitive? There is so much politically correctiveness today I find it totally nuts. If we keep this stuff up, nobody or anybody, can speak to everybody about somebody without a physical exam to determine the sex of the body in question? jmho
  • Jerry_15
    Jerry_15 Member Posts: 379
    Options

Then again that ad might have gotten a lot of hits out here by the bay, where everyone is correct as it suits them.
  • Kevin O. Pulver
    Kevin O. Pulver Member Posts: 380
    Options
    Political correctness

Is far more widespread than we would like to believe.
    All stripes are welcome... as long as they aren't NARROW stripes. All things will be tolerated... except the INTOLERANT. All colors agree in the dark. Don't judge anything... don't dare say certain activites or philosophies are wrong. What (or Whom) is truth? Kevin
This discussion has been closed.