Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Laars Teledine

Options
BW
BW Member Posts: 5
Paul maybe you can help with sizing orifices for an LP conversion. Teledyne Laars
Model # JVS75N DI
Input-75,000
Heat Cap.-63,000
Existing Orifice -43

Thank You for any help you can give.

Comments

• New Install
    New Install Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Laars Endurance

I just got done installing a Endurance 110 EBD . The installer with me said we didn't need to install a bypass loop between the supply and return. I've had a hell of a time installing this one (no help from the install manual or tech hotline) my question is also a follow up to the purging post before this one, I've read in the manual about a anti condensing valve ACV on the EBP model only, is this valve inside the unit? And what affect would it have on purging hot water the the heating zones. The feed valve is on the supply , with the boiler water temp at 185 we are only purging cold water through the system. I'm confused!!!!!
  • Paul B._2
    Paul B._2 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Endurance Anti Condensing valve

Yes, the anti condensing valve is located inside the jacket. You'll find it located on the right hand side of the boiler.

Depending upon the year of production it will be one of two styles of Honeywell valve. Both styles can be manually opened for system purging.

If you have piped the make up water in where we show it in the manual, and the ACV is closed, you would tend to get cold water back from the zones.

It's true that a system by-pass is not always required for a correct installation. Are you relying on the internal circulator to provide flow out two your zones? if so, how many zones and what is the length of them?

Just to clarify, the model EBP has the valve, and makes domestic hot water by means of a heat exchanger. The EDP uses a thermostatic union and does not make domestic hot water directly.

Sincerely,

Paul B.
  • Paul B._2
    Options
    Aha!

I read the purging post, and I'd say if you are attempting to pump 4 zones with our internal circulator you may need to add a system circulator.

Give me a call in the morning, 603-335-6300-x562 8:00 am to 5:00 pm eastern time and we'll see what we can do with this.

sincerely,

Paul B
  • New Install
    Options

Open mouth insert keyboard. Paul if your last name is Bock, I planned on calling you in the mourning,I got your number from tech support around 7:00. It's my first time installing a laars boiler and I'm just alittle tied up and frustrated . I've been on the phone all day with support with little success. It seems like the people in the tech department are fimiliar with the wiring diagram but not system and piping arrangement. They've been helpful with a some things, or maybe I haven't asked the right questions. I did however get ahold of a gentleman named Mark Hughs and he was a great help, within 2 minutes he pretty much gave me the answers I was looking for all day. I just had trouble getting back in touch with him. Thanks for responding so quickly (especially on a forum) Now thats customer service.
  • New Install
    Options

We Did add a system circulator on the supply side. We don't have that much baseboard, but the house is 3 stories high with 4 zones. Thanks
  • Albert Huntermark
    Albert Huntermark Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Maybe this guy can help.

New Install, Last week I attended a Laars seminar in our area taught by the Laars Regional Sales Manager. He is an engineer and seemed to be very informative and stressed that they back up their products and provide technical assistance. Some of the guys there (independent contractors) did some warranty work directly for Laars and knew him. His email is DDeANGEL@LAARS.COM. Their website is www.Laars.com.
    amhwrite
  • Paul B._2
    Options
    JV conversion kits

Hi BW,

Yes, there are kits available to convert from natural gas to lp for these boilers.

For a JVS75 there are three kits available depending upon your elevation.

Your local distributor for our parts should be able to help you order the correct kit.

Sincerely,

Paul B.
  • JJay
    JJay Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Laars Endurance EBP175 ACV woes

I'm working on an Endurance EBP-175.  In the past 6 years I've had to replace three valve cartridges.  Now the system has failed hot again,  the DHW circuit is fine but without a call for heat from either zone,  the house is being heated through an ACV that won't close?

I can manually cycle the plunger without the motorhead on it and it won't back feed the radiators so I'm guessing it's not the plunger this time.

What's the best way to troubleshoot the Honeywell Actuator to make sure that it is up to strength or even working properly, or if it's getting the signal

I suppose I could just plug and play the assembly, but i'd really rather properly troubleshoot it.

Do these things (Anti Condensing Valves) have an expected life of only 2-3 years?

Thanks in advance

JJ 
This discussion has been closed.