Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Intermittent Pilot Retrofit Kit

Options
There are so many diff. types. The wiring is usually different and should be in the technical manual, but if you can give a pt# and manufacturer, maybe I can help.

Comments

• Jack O\"Lantern
    Jack O\"Lantern Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Kits

Just recently I purchased an intermittent pilot retrofit kit to in stall in place of the old one. The difference is that the old is not universal like the new module,gas valve or igniter/sensor. The problem is that the module when replaced didn't work with the existing flame rod why?
  • Jack O\"Lantern
    Jack O\"Lantern Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Kit

The Honeywell Y8610U Conversion Kit... When The Module And The Gas Valve Were Replaced The Unit On A Call For Heat Failed To Ignite (No Spark, No Pilot, No Flame) With The Dual-Rod...But When The Old Module Was Put Back In It Worked...I Thought What Made It Universal Is Its Ability To Handle Both Single And Dual-Rods...
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Y8610U1003

If you are using this model, It will accept either flame rod or use the pilt hood itself as the rectification circuit. I notice that you left out a few crutial #'s on the modual mod#.
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397
    Options

You can find a troubleshooting chart on customer.honeywell.com. On the first page that comes up, go to the lower right corner--literature. Inter S8610U in the bottom box. On the page that comes up, click on the PDF for the first entry. Scroll to page 17 or so, and start reading! The chart itself is a couple pages beyond 17.
This discussion has been closed.