Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Electric vs. Gas

Empire_2
Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
I am in Buffalo, or the surrounding counties with the Niagara Falls less than 15 miles away........ Darn we do not even see the benefits of this massive wonder...;0( If you ever get a chance to see it, or visit it keep in mind that only 37% actually goes over the falls, and at night it even decreases from there. The majority of the water is diverted through the Effluent Intake's, which there are 3. There is a figure as to how much water is passes through these Intake's, but I cannot remember... It is measured by I think Cubic Yards or something like that. Brad, I think you would know more as to the measurement of the flow. All I can say is it is massive.

The Power Vista is the name of the power management site that controls this flow. It is highly guarded even before there was the 911 occurrence..."God rest their soles".

Mike T.

PS, if you have a chance to see it,...Go for it. It is pretty damn amazing, even at a reduced flow.

Comments

• Joe_76
    Joe_76 Member Posts: 34

Which do you prefer electric or gas boilers.
  • preference

based on where i live i generally prefer electric over gas but only because we have locally generated cheap hydro power, if i was in the east/central on coal power or some other more nefarious/expensive source i would definitely swing towards gas.
  • Brad White_100
    Brad White_100 Member Posts: 5
    Entirely Regional Question

Electricity is 100% efficient -at point of use. But only 30% efficient when you take it from the fuel burned to make it. As Zac said, depends on the cost of fuel in your area and if hydro or other "theoretically" less expensive means are at hand, I would choose gas, hands-down.
This discussion has been closed.