Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

IWH Amtrol Oder

Options
Heatmeister_2
Heatmeister_2 Member Posts: 88
I understand that wells can cause a "sulfur" odor. I do have high iron contect which warrants softening. However, the odor I smell is not sulfur like.....more like in a "machine shop"??? That is the best I can describe, and it is only with hot water.

My well, at least for now, is designed so that I cannot chlorinate. Long story but it is 50 years old. I had very comprehensive water test last year by a specialty firm. Everything checks out fine with bacteria, metals etc....just high iron......I am in the process of trying to get on city water.

Any clues?

Comments

• Heatmeister_2
    Heatmeister_2 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    IWH Amtrol Oder

Got my 80 gallon Amtrol IWH installed a few weeks ago. It is heated with my GB142. However, I am noticing a mild odor with my hot water?? Smells kinda funky and oily, but definitely not sulfur. I run a well (high iron content) with a softener and never smelled this before. Sulfur yes, but this current smell no.

My contractor used all 1" potable black PEX to the fixtures and Viega compression fittings from the GB to the Amtrol. Does black Potable Pex give off an odor at high temps?
  • Unknown
    Options
    if u have

If u have sulfuer baterica, u will get oder plms.. Have u clorided the well?
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Options
    Why are we all speaking Amish today? NM

• Unknown
    Options
    stay the same?

Smell stay the same or worst as time go by? Ur mag rod, if have it, may be bad or not design for well water. Have u call Amtrol? I'm not to fond of Amtrol products like I used to be...
This discussion has been closed.