Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

to Taco company

Options
Alan R. Mercurio_3
Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
Off Topic:

I apologize for barging in on this post. Johnny White I have been trying to reach you to no avail. Would you be so kind as to e-mail me? Thank you sir :)

alanmercurio@oiltechtalk.com

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=408&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    to Taco company....

Asides from the other tread regarding the Taco zone valves and the transformer(s) wiring hookup... I often wondered why doesn't Taco make a powerhead with dry contact end switch that'll fits to the same valve body as the 571 unit... That way, we have a choice of using ethier model instead of using differnt brands...
  • John Abbott
    John Abbott Member Posts: 356
    Options
    Zone valve heads

Great idea. I wonder if any one from Taco moniters The Wall? If so they were silent on the great transformer controversy?
  • John White
    John White Member Posts: 120
    Options
    monitor the wall

John,
    I monitor the wall, as does Joe Mattiello. The product engineering group at Taco is, or will be, responding. I have already discussed with them.
    Give it just a bit of time. Best regards,
    jw
  • John@Reliable_14
    John@Reliable_14 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    John, What controversy?

> Great idea. I wonder if any one from Taco

> moniters The Wall? If so they were silent on the

> great transformer controversy?

For years we have used two transformers with out any problems, in fact I think Taco even made it easy, if you buy/use thier 24v transformers they color code one side so hook up is right.
  • John Abbott
    John Abbott Member Posts: 356
    Options
    Transformers

> > Great idea. I wonder if any one from Taco

> _BR_ > moniters The Wall? If so they were

> silent on the _BR_ > great transformer

> controversy? _BR_ _BR_For years we have used two

> transformers with out any problems, in fact I

> think Taco even made it easy, if you buy/use

> thier 24v transformers they color code one side

> so hook up is right.

I couldn't agree more however someone was adamant it couldn't be done that is the "controvesy" I was refering to.

John
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 707
    Options

I have been monitoring the Wall, and seen the thread about the transformers in parallel. Taco has been paralleling transformers on the ZVC406 for years. The 40va transformers put out approximately 3.2 amps collectively which is well below the maximum amp rating for 18 gauge wiring. I visit the wall almost daily but use discretion which threads I jump in to. I provided my contact information if anyone has additional questions.

Joe Mattiello
    Technical Support Engineer
    Tel. 401-942-8000 X 484
    Fax. 401-942-2360
    1160 Cranston St
    Cranston, RI 02920
    joemat@taco-hvac.com
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 707
    Options

The Taco 570 series 3 terminal zone valve has been around since 1969, and has an isolated end switch. Terminal 2 is a two fold terminal. The motor of the 571 is a heat motor. When the thermostat calls for heat, we energize an electric heater that is wrapped around a wax filled chamber through terminals 1, and 2. After approximately 1.5 minutes the end switch closes across terminals 2, and 3 emulating the thermostat to energize the boiler. The valve can be wired along with 4 terminal zonevalves with no problems. The suggestion for converting the 3 terminal to a 4 terminal has been forwarded to the product engineer for review. Thank you
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • Unknown
    Options
    to Joe Mattiello

Thanks for the reply to this post.... Taco can keep the three termimals zone valve and make the new 4 terminals power head on the same valve body... Giving us the choices.... Alongs with better wiring dia.
    Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.