Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Get NATE Certified.... FOR FREE!

is this hydronics test free from nate everywhere or something specific to your location as i was not nate certified in maine but my new company in texas requires us to be certified and i figured if i have to take the a/c test i should take the hydronics test as well since thats what most of my experiance is in. thanks for any info

Comments

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Free NATE TEST

NATE (North American Technician Excellence) is coming out with a new hydronics installation certification for oil-fired equipment and is presently in the process of beta testing that examination.

We will be offering this test free of charge for those who are interested. The test is absolutely free and, to show their appreciation, NATE will also allow you to take any other NATE examination free of charge as well. Here are the details:

If you are not presently NATE certified, the other FREE test must be the core examination.

If you are NATE certified already, you can take any other specialty examination for free.

The additional free examination must be taken during the same testing session as the beta test.

You will not receive the results for this beta test until the minimum number of tests have been administered.

If you do not wish to take the beta test, but do wish to take any other NATE examination, you will be able to do so at these sessions.

There are four testing sessions on the island. They are:

Saturday, June 2 from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm

Monday, June 4 from 6:00 - 10:00 pm

Wednesday, June 6 from 6:00 - 10:00 pm

Thursday, June 7 from 6:00 - 10:00 pm

You must sign up for these events as walk-ins cannot be accomodated.

Call Eugene Silberstein at 917-428-0044 to sign up or for more information.
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    No More Room on the 2nd

The June 2nd date is no longer available as we are filled to capacity. Still room on the 4th, 6th and 7th.
  • don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    Its free.

Expect to have all classes fill to capacity.

We have the same problem in our line of work as well.When its price too cheap we're swamp with work.When it price right we're slow as a turtle.

• don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    hey droopy

Do you relly need your hydro cert in texas? That would be like needing a fur coat in the bahamas.

How are you liking the switch?
  • tgm
    tgm Member Posts: 25

don i love the weather down here but i gotta admit i miss the old hydronic and steam systems i got to work on up in maine. i want my hydronics test because i am still not letting my maine licsense expire and i have always thought that he who dies with the most certifications wins (haha). i am alot more busy down here the city i'm in has the same population as the entire state of maine so on call days are quite hectic
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Not Everywhere

NATE is in the process of beta testing the oil hydronics installation test and this is why the test is free.

You can check with the folks at NATE and see if there is a Testing Organization that is closer to you that is participating in the beta test. If not, feel free to join us on the Island of Long!
This discussion has been closed.