Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

honeywell aquastat L7224U

Options
I`ll try it! I`ll let you know tomorrow!

Comments

• ray hickethier
    ray hickethier Member Posts: 26
    Options
    honeywell L7224U aquastat

I have a new Honeywell L7224U electronic aquastat that is annoying my customer. When it drops to the low limit differential the circ. stops and the oil burner continues to run. But as it returns to the low limit setpoint it stops momentarily and then restarts a second or so later and continues with the burner and circulator running. Hy setpoints are 180 high and 170 low with 10 differentials for both. Can something be done to stop this stop and start condition?
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    You

have them set too close together.Try to keep the HL diff as high as possible to cut down on cycling.I wish Honeywell would make the diffs adjustable over a wider range. 20 degrees is not enough.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • ray hickethier
    Options

this is not an L8124 and instructions in the brochure say "setting the Low Limit less than the High Differential below the high limit is not allowed as improper circulator and zone control functions could result". That is why I set the high at 180 and the low at 170 with 10 degree differentials. In actuallity the circ. doesn`t stop until the boiler temp. reaches 160
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    I'm

not saying to only increase the HL diff,Try this 185HL 20HL df 165LL 10 LLdf. With a good coil and mixing valve I've set the LL at 145-150 with no DHW complaints

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • ray hickethier
    Options

I tried your advice AND spoke with Honeywell. They recommended to try a 180 degree high and
    a 150 degree low with 10 diff. I tried your recommended settings and theirs and neither worked. I installed a L8151a as was on originally.
    They also recommended contacting Ultimate boiler to see what their recommended settings were. They had no rec. as the control is too new on the market.
    As I stated yesterday the burner shuts down and immediately restarts at the low limit setpoint. Blah! Electronics!
This discussion has been closed.