Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

baseboard prefrence

Options
Scott M_3
Scott M_3 Member Posts: 32
I need to get some replacement baseboard. I went to H. Depot and they carry Slant Fin Fine Line 30 but have no add on parts like end fittings and splice plates. Lowes carries Hydrotherm and stocks all add on parts but I have never heard of Hydrotherm. Is there a big differece in quality between the two or are they more or less the same.

Comments

• Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Options
    All respectable brands

are rated by the Hydronics Institute AKA I=B=R, independently in a laboratory.

What I look for in a good element is having no tubing visible between the fins. Rather I look for a firm bond between fins (with drawn collars) snuggly assembled to the tubing.

Commercial fin tube uses plate fins with the tubing expanded into the fins with a hydraulic expander.

Cheap fins often have an "X" cut in the middle of the fin, through which the tubing is inserted.

Assuming all fin-tube quality in a given pair of lines is the same, I would trust the published ratings.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,607
    Options

The Hydrotherm baseboard is good quality. I have some in my house. It's good stuff.

ED
This discussion has been closed.