Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lochinvar Solutions Boiler

Options
Wayco Wayne_2
Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
to a class today for the Knight Mod Con Boiler and they gave a cursory look before hand at the 82% copper fin boiler the "Solution Boiler." I found it interesting. I has 2 stages, 50% and 100%. It has a full time bypass circulator between supply and return, that runs when there's a call for heat, so the HX always has flow since the P/S is built right in. It has side wall venting capabilitys with 3 in PVC. And most interesting of all, to me at least, it comes in a capacity as low as 45,000 btu, or 22.5 on low stage operation. Slap a thermic bypass valve on that bad boy and you could run a radiant floor addition fairly effectively. Has anyone used this product, and if so, do you have any input, good or bad? WW

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=255&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Paul Rohrs_7
    Paul Rohrs_7 Member Posts: 173
    Options
    You had to know

I would respond to this.

This was one of my favorite boilers prior to mod/cons dominating the market.

I love this little boiler, still use it on occasion. I usually have a Tekmar 361 or a Uponor promix201 variable-speed injection mixing device for full reset (for floor heating or rads) and boiler protection .

I highly recommend this boiler if a mod/con is stricken for "Budget" concerns.

EDIT: I would double check the venting requirements. I have only ever known this to be an atmospheric boiler with standard venting. The PVC venting option does not sound correct to me.

Regards,

PR
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Options
    Thanks for the response Paul

The sidewall venting kit is new and only goes on 3 of the models. You install the venting kit flu blower where the vent damper usually goes and you can go 25 feet with elbows counting for 5 feet, 45"s counting for 2.5. It seems a smart alternative to the mod cons if for some reason youcan;t put one in. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    Options
    Solution series

I installed one last winter. I will be installing the side wall vent kit later on. It requires 3" CPVC not PVC. I'm sure it's due to the higher stack temps. Runs good though, followed manufacturers instructions to the letter. Zone circ pump system, 2 Zones. One monoflo the other, a gravity convert. Homeowner, couldn't believe the size of it, compared to that old rickety Crane boiler we removed. Hi/lo/high firing feature is nice. I wish I could give you more info on fuel savings etc.
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Options
    Ross

We were told that we could use PVC on the smaller boilers. At higher capacities you had to start the run in CPVC. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    Options
    PVC Venting

Oh ok, Wayne. I installed a CBN-135, so I missed that sorry about the mix up. I was just going by my application. As long as Lochinvar is cool with it, then it's cool with me. Thanks for the heads up!
    Ross
This discussion has been closed.