Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cliplight refrigeration leak sealant

Options
Paul Fredricks_3
Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
I'd like to know too. You might have better luck if you repost this in Ask Professor Silberstein! down at the bottom. It's A/C and refrigeration related stuff.

Comments

• Shawn Ford
    Shawn Ford Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Leak sealant

I was wondering if anyone has used cliplight leak sealant or a similar product for sealing refrigeration leaks and does it work? I personally have never used this type of product and am rather nervous about it. I have one customer who would like me to use this product on his 5 ton split system, although I told him this would not be a 100 percent assured repair. I have talked to a refrigeration contractor who has used a similar product on a 404A walk in unit. He stated that the lineset was very difficult to get to and the injected sealant he used was formulated for 404a and it worked perfectly. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • Brian_24
    Brian_24 Member Posts: 76
    Options
    cliplight

I have used this product on some systems where the leak was buried. As long as you evacuate the system and get it as dry as you can it works well. If you have excessive moisture in the system the compressor tends to die. I was told by my sales rep the sealant seeks the moisture
  • Gary Reecher
    Gary Reecher Member Posts: 111
    Options

Know a tech that used the stuff last year on a RTU with multiple leaks on the condenser coil. Too many to repair. New condenser coil lead time 6 weeks. Installed this stuff to see if it would get them by till the new coil arrived. Said the unit was still cooling and had a full charge when he recovered the refrigerant.
This discussion has been closed.