Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

uponer

Ted_9
Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
He mentions Uponor in the subject, so I think he means quick trak.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=373&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• D lux_2
    D lux_2 Member Posts: 230
    2 rooms I need help sizing

I am a heating contractor mostly Air heat But we are moving back to moms she is 80+ and could use some help .
    We are remoding the upstairs one room never had any heat so I want to use warmboard and pex 1st room 153Sf 9731 btu heatloss will have pergo type floor. 2nd 210 SF 7703 btu loss .

best way to pipe ? home run to basement for each room ,how much warmboard Sf for btu loss? temp of water is it ok to mix with iron pipe and radators with mixing valve ? thanks
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    Sure

home runs would be a good way.

First check your loads. 9731 BTU/hr for a 153 square foot room seems awful high? Over 60 BTU/ sq. ft? Way beyond what that floor area could provide.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Remodel

Warmboard is a little tough to use for a remodel. Do you have access from below? If you do, Radiant Engineering's Thermofin might be an option. If not, a product like Viega's Climate Panel, Rehau's Raupanel, or Thermofin could be used above the floor also.

If you can centrally mount a manifold in a closet and make the piping easier, that would be my choice.
  • Radiant Wizard
    Radiant Wizard Member Posts: 159
    Btu sqft

I have to agree with HR on this. Btu per sqft way to high. Rmemeber when doing a radiant heat loss you cannot use a hydronic heat loss program unless you calculate the change in air exchange and design temp as we do not use the same numbers.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    would two buderus or myson type panel rads...

entice you to bag that idea?

i have a feeling that these rooms must be uninsulated or "look outs" from an attic...even so, maybe more insulation is Key ingredient...just thinking out loud here *~/:)

i live a bit North of you and i would consider rebuilding the exterior wall if the heat loss was that high or at least getting an opinion from an isothene type (spray foam) insulator before proceeding much further...
  • Kevin Pulver
    Kevin Pulver Member Posts: 67
    Andrew,

• Kevin Pulver
    Kevin Pulver Member Posts: 67
    Andrew,

Surely Dlux means Quik Trak and not actual "warmboard" dontcha think? Kevin
  • D lux_2
    D lux_2 Member Posts: 230

yes Quik Trak. I dont understand heatloss for radiant is different than scorch air ? going to have isoneen spelling ? sprayed in 2x6 rafters in room 1 room 2 has pink and blowin walls and 6 in or so rock wool overhead .
    try to post pic to night .
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Just checking

You never know. ;-)
This discussion has been closed.