Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Symmons Shower valves

Brad White_9
Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
Not just a great company but really nice, helpful people. I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Symmons what seems like 15 years ago. A true gentleman.

Case in point, when I installed a Symmons shower valve in my house, after a few weeks the hot water petered out and it would not hold temperature. Knowing how reliable these valves are, I was surprised.

The local Symmons rep offered to <i>come to my house</i> to check it out himself.

Before that happened, I found the problem: I filtered the incoming water to my DHW heater. The filter was becoming loaded with all the stuff loosened during renovation. The water flow was reduced to the heater and <i><b>the Symmons valve did exactly what it was supposed to do!</i></b> Works as advertised, safe and controllable, adjusting to conditions.

I will never forget that offer of service.

Comments

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Went to an open house last night

at the Symmons company last night. Good food, drinks and tour of the factory.

They make a great product and have come out with decorative finsh's that can used for new installations OR used to replace an exsting finish for an update on thoier shower valves.

Nice demostration on how their preasure balance/anti scauld valve works and works better than most valves on the market.

For those of you not aware of thier valves, take a close look. All brass, all american product.

Thanks to Symmons for a nice night.

Scott Milne

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Kevin_54
    Kevin_54 Member Posts: 30

I went myself a few years back and was very impressed. Great people, great tour and one great coffee mug! It's the only thing in my house that I can call my own (Wife and two kids).
  • Lyle C
    Lyle C Member Posts: 96
    Symmons

I recently Installed my first Symmons 5-500 mixing valve on an everhot side arm . So, of course I had to check it out built on the same princable as the shower valve , should last as long.
This discussion has been closed.