Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler start up cycling

Options
you need to get a trained tech in to look at the problem.

You'd be working on the gas train and that could burn you or kill you. What's your life worth?

Sorry to be so blunt.

Comments

• Tom V
    Tom V Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Boiler start up cycling

I have a Lennox boiler for baseboard water heat. It is about 6 years old. It recently started to cycle when trying to initiate flame. There is alot of clicking then you hear the flame start. Within a couple seconds the flame goes out, then it starts clicking to initiate the flame again. It does this a few times then stops. I smelled a little gas during this. The boiler is model GWB8-140E. Sounds like a controller of some sort. Any ideas on what's happening? Thanks, Tom
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    I agre w/ Jeff

In addition, unfortunately the new or newer equipment must be maintained on a regular yearly basis. It's not like Dad's or grand-Pa's boiler. Even the manufacturer recommends yearly safety and maintenance to achieve optimal performance from you equipment. Funny thing is that people will pay anywhere from $200.00 and up for TV but when it comes to servicing indoor environmental control systems...(HVAC) no body will call for routine maintenance... Go figure.

Mike T...................:-)

Just My .02

Mike T.
This discussion has been closed.