Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

mod-con complications

Options
FRANK_24
FRANK_24 Member Posts: 80
This is the second drawing in a series prior to installation. We were told by the owners that they do not want a three way or mixing valve installed [must be something to do with THE ALMIGHTY dollar]. But don't forget, there are six boiler rooms on this job. NOT IN THE BUDGET...heard that before from the same guy....he's pouring a ton of fresh water into 200 HP boilers we put in couple-a-years ago, but doesn't want to know anything about fixing it. NOT IN THE BUDGET....I'd like to get my hands on the guy that wrote the budget. Wonder what he does for a living? 'Cause he certainly knows not too much about heating. Anyway, back to the drawing....the Engineer is looking for something like this....simple, and plain, yet a thing of beauty. Single temp. system which will modulate for a heating demand only. Higher temps for the DHW, and if the heating gets a slug of 180*, that's OK. [Fine by me]. We'll get Heatimer involved with the controls, local rep. is a sweetheart. This should go off soon, owners want it on line before the next heating season. keep ya posted.
This discussion has been closed.