Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for a writer

Options
Mark_99
Mark_99 Member Posts: 3
I am a freelance editor, hired by Pearson Prentice Hall to manage the development of a new edition of the ARI textbook entitled Refrigeration and Air Conditioning: An Introduction to HVAC/R. We need help with three short units on hydronic heating. If you are intersted in knowing more, post a reply to this message.

Comments

• I'll bite, email me.
  • Mark_99
    Options

I am new to The Wall and don't know how to find your email address. Can you help me out? If there is no way, I'll open a hotmail account and post that address here.
  • Mark_99
    Options

You can contact me at mw_huth@hotmail.com

• Done...

Just FYI, I BELIEVE you'll find my original reply has been sent to the email address you first posted under automatically by this website, my address should be there with it. Apologies if it didn't work that way.

m
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397
    Options

I've written 4 books for the HVAC industry, including one on hydronic controls. I'd like to hear more about what you're doing--maybe I can help. carol@carolfey.com, 303-795-9350.
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    Does \"hydronics\" include steam?

It should, there's plenty of steam heating out there. Shoot me an e-mail at steam.head at verizon.net and let me know what you're trying to do, and I'll see if I can help.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • realolman
    realolman Member Posts: 513
    Options
    Would I

Would I have to be literate or knowlegable?
  • Don \"Grumpy\" Walsh
    Don \"Grumpy\" Walsh Member Posts: 184
    Options
    What?? Why not Dan?

A proven writer, extremely well versed in hydronics, a gentleman admired and respected by his peers, host to the world's finest hydronic resource website! What more could you possibly ask for?? Mr.Dan Holohan would be the person I would be contacting.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    Thanks.

He asked me first, and I passed on it.
    Retired and loving it.

• I ended up passing too. With the busy season just starting I'd never make the deadline. Plus I can write all day but that layout stuff would have slowed me right down. I woulda just been paraphrasing Dan anyways... ;)
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,971
    Options
    Like the owner of a Fine Irish pub............................

Mr Holohan is always lurking in the recesses of the room....laughing, conversing, even having a drink with the patrons, but He IS always here and "taking in" the room. When he NEEDS to get involved, it is fast, furiuous and OVER, V E R Y quickly. One of the Most magnanimous fellows you'll ever meet, he often forgoes his own ego and needs, to let other guys prosper and ....to paraphrase Don Cicci (?){let them} "wet their beaks." Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ken_40
    Ken_40 Member Posts: 1,320
    Options
    Might be fun.

I have the time - when not in NYC, being ugly with the boyz...
  • ALF
    ALF Member Posts: 15
    Options

I work for a manufacturer and am currently working on a text for our dealers regarding geothermal and hydronics. Not too interested in the job, but I would hope that you are including geothermal as well. It is an excellent heat source for radiant heat. I would be more than happy to consult.
This discussion has been closed.