Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Plug Vents?

Options
Thanks--that sounds like a good reason to do this. The compnay that did this (it's their specialty) said they tell owners not to plug vents because they will probably forget to get all the plugs out and if more than 3 ducts are plugged there are majotrproblems in operation.
BTW--how did you fix my typo in the topic line? I could not find the way.

Comments

• Larry in Elkins Park
    Options
    Plug Vents?

I have a question for the experts, looking for opinions.
    I have a 3 story twin, tall ceilings, steam. Here about 1 1/2 years. Last year we had a Space-Pak Hi-Velocity AC installed. For this winter I plugged all 31 vents with their covers, and also secured the main return. I undid this all yesterday. This as you can guess is a major PITA (more so plugging them) what with my 10 foot plus ceilings and the vents out of the way.
    So my question is--am I getting any appreciable savings by not having my heated air ging all through the ducts and the air handler? For what it's worth, I have really good air-flow of my heat through the house and no need to run the AC fan to help out.
    Thanks
  • Lyle C
    Lyle C Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Pluging Vents

I've only installed one space pac system . I was told the reason for pluging the vents was to stop condensation and mold growth during the winter months.
  • Larry in Elkins Park
    Options
    Plug Vents

Thanks--that sounds like a good reason to do this. The compnay that did this (it's their specialty) said they tell owners not to plug vents because they will probably forget to get all the plugs out and if more than 3 ducts are plugged there are major problems in operation.
    BTW--how did you fix my typo in the topic line? I could not find the way.
  • Lyle C
    Lyle C Member Posts: 96
    Options
    error

Sorry it wasn't me that fixed the typo .
This discussion has been closed.