Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

water heater dripping

Options
craig_13
craig_13 Member Posts: 1
I have a super-stor stainless water heater that is dripping from the temperature control that is mounted on the side of the tank. I would like to know how to repair it if possible. the heater is 15 years old.

Comments

• Chris_82
    Chris_82 Member Posts: 321
    Options

See if it is a well or it is the screw nipple type, sometimes the brass wells corrode thru and can be replaced. You might try to turn the nipple type connector, but as anyone who has played with a WC shutoff you also need to be prepared to replace the unit, the second replacement tank because leaky super stores of that vintage cannot be fixed. At one time there was an expandable replacement nipple for the tank but they don't seem to be available anymore. I would suggest the triangle tube, phase one type of tank as a replacement they are a little more user friendly to install as well as more generous if something should go wrong. The last ss tank we installed leaked out of the box, which sometimes any piece of equipment will do, but the factory made us wait 3 days before they would credit us for the tank because we immediately purchased a competitors storage tank. They demanded an inspection and a site visit by their lackey john, not that john S isn't a wonderful person, he is!!! But he works for a bunch of thieves, and he follows their orders to keep his job. It was so inane a suggestion that we wait for their inspection on a new tank that they "HTP" think is justified, that is alienating them from what they once were, which was a respectable company. But to suggest we keep our customers cold for any length of time is indicative of how these people have lost touch with reality!
This discussion has been closed.