Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

becker oil fired tankless water heater??? help

Options
Chad_8
Chad_8 Member Posts: 2
It started a couple days ago after our loss of power due to the nor easter. when power came on the house was 59 degrees and i left the heater on 69 so the heater ran awhile. now when we take showers it gets cold. i just noticed that the water went cold and the thermostat on the furnace reads 180. it also had a chatter since it was cleaned past fall. i'm also unsure if the oil is turned on into blower motor. i turned it clockwise and its firing now. oh yeah when i just came out of the shower the thermostat read 40 degrees and the safty was popped. i pressed it in and it popped again. thats when i turned the shut off valce in clockwise because it jelled this winter i shut it off and wasnt sure if i even turned it on all the way and now forgot which way it goes. i know easy enough to figure out. i turned it clockwise and seems to be fine. just giving insight. we also have a reef tank near thermostat and it has a serious like that emits heat so the heat doesnt come on during the day but roommate turned hi up and show was still cold.

so latest recap. the water gets ice cold and thermostat stays hot. will go try again before i submit

i just ran the shower. it seems the oil burner cant keep up with the water flow. the shower got hot but not hot enough to burn me and went cold. i looked at thermostat. it was running but temp was down to 130. any idea's. the chatter also seems to be gone.

its a burke low pressure burner and a beckett motor

Comments

• Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    Chad, it's time to call a pro

with the proper testing and other types of equipment that will make your unit run properly. Try the Find a Professional page of this site.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    Chad, something tells me you are in over your head.

it might seem like turning a dial will make it all better however, in this instance ,there seem to be some difficulties that were bought to light during the storm.

Give the service professional a chance ...by turning dials and pushing buttons you'd be making things worse and making his job more difficult.
  • Chad_8
    Chad_8 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    i called a pro

it was the tempering valve that mixes the hot and cold water so you can shower. 507.75 to fix...lmao
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    Thank God you didnt keep fixing on it *~/:)

Whews!....

mighta been just short of a million :)

let me share a similar experience of my life...

i got a 3 day job one day "out of town" at a guarnteed 20 hours a day minimum.. three four months later,...they let me go home for a small break for Christmas...when i got home my girlfriend was in bed and i needed a cup of coffee*~/:) so i put some in a cup and stuck it in the microwave..pushed the button..and it didnt GO so, i ask her whats up with this thing? in my best house mouse voice so as not to get off on the wrong foot...she says something or other i dont really hear so i break out a screwdriver and take the thing apart...in a couple mins she calls out whats taking you so long gets out of bed to see....:)) she becomes slightly irrate ...:)

at least You could fix what you did with money :))
This discussion has been closed.