Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HELP!? Johnson Controls G779LHA1

Options
adambuild
adambuild Member Posts: 414
Thanks for trying! The damper was bad and once the jumper is removed and a damper is used one time, the module must always see a damper!? Johnson Controls was horrible as far as support is concerned. They say distributor is responsible and distributor doesn't know very much. Honeywell actually solved it! I finally found a Honeywell module and installed that and tech support (first class!) explained the problem with the JC model. Honeywell's does the same.

Comments

• adambuild
    Options
    Ignition Module

Replaced a Honeywell S8600F ignition module with the Johnson Controls mentioned in the thread title and it's dead as a doornail. there's 24vac at THS and Ground but it doesn't work. First time using this brand. Anything stupid I might be overlooking? If no ideas, does anyone have a Tech Support number for me? Not one phone number in the instructions!? PS- I aleady went through the troubleshooting guide and it basically said to replace the control. I find it hard to believe!

Thanks in advance, Adam
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Without researching the control:

Do you have and can you post the wiring diagram for the new JC control module? Would help much....

Mike T.
  • Hvacman
    Hvacman Member Posts: 159
    Options

I've attached the wiring diagram...

You using a vent damper? If not, is the jumper plug in place? If you are, is the damper end switch making?
  • Hvacman
    Hvacman Member Posts: 159
    Options

> Thanks for trying! The damper was bad and once

> the jumper is removed and a damper is used one

> time, the module must always see a damper!?

> Johnson Controls was horrible as far as support

> is concerned. They say distributor is responsible

> and distributor doesn't know very much. Honeywell

> actually solved it! I finally found a Honeywell

> module and installed that and tech support (first

> class!) explained the problem with the JC model.

> Honeywell's does the same.

Heh! Not far off though was I! That was the next step in the sequence of operation...
  • Empire_2
    Options
    JC draw backs

That why I would have used a HW s8610U1003. No bull crap to deal with like one time jumper clip. A joke to me.

Mike T.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ahem. The

S8610U1003 has been replaced by the S8610U3009 w/ diagnostic flashing LEDs & E-Comm. Some interesting notes about vent damper.

• adambuild
    Options
    ?

Does the new Honeywell act as the old one that if you power it once with a vent damper then you must always use one?
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    New S8610

If used with a vent damper, after the first 10 cycles, the control resets, and can only work with a vent damper after that. Visit www.customer.honeywell.com, scroll down to the right & type in S81610U3009 for a full tech sheet, or call 1-800-468 1502.
  • Empire_2
    Options
    Hi Bill

Although I do not like the operation that you described, what is the purpose of that set up? Now when the vent damper takes a dump, I have to replace at least the module if I choose to eliminate the VD. To me it's like taking a pain it the butt step backwards. I also did not like the new modules on the Dunkirk XEB series with the 3 burst of spark as apposed to continuous spark. Who Thinks up this crap? Something works great and the Engineers (if you want to call them that) change it. Bored at the office?....:-)

Mike T.
This discussion has been closed.