Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dual Prestiges - DF

Options
Dan Foley
Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
Thanks you for the nice comments. Brian and his crew are the ones who deserve all of the credit. I have the easy job- close the deal and stay out of the way!

Brad, the strut that we used on this project came from Hilti. This is in a 9,0000 sq. ft. custom home that is about 1-1/2 yrs. old. Shoot me your e-mail for more details.

Constantin, Brian and I sketched out a piping diagram and Brian put the pieces of the puzzle together. As you can see, space was very limited. We have had very few Pro-press problems and the problems we did encounter were self induced. We have multiple glycoled systems with no problems as well. I endorse Pro-pres with no reservations. -DF

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=262&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Dan Foley
    Options
    Prestige

Brian and his crew finished piping this one last week and did the start-up and commissioning yesterday. It consists of two Prestige 175's, a TR-120 tank, and a Caleffi Hydro-Separator controlled by a tekmar 265 staging/reset control and a Wirsbo 201 mixing control.

The system feeds about a dozen radiant zones, five AHU's and a garage zone isolated by a Flat Plate heat exchanger. -DF

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    Options
    Nice work, Dan & the crew

Good job Foley Mechanical! Nice work, as always Dan. Quite the system. I noticed that you used the Caleffi auto air vent, high capacity. We've been using those on our chilled water mains with some of the buildings on campus. Nice vent!
    I'll betcha those Prestige boilers run smooth as silk, especially with the Tekmar.
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Options
    Dan- Another Defining Project

from you and your crew. Hat's off to Brian and his team!

I love the use of Unistrut (or whatever system you use). Substantial, neat and safe. Outstanding work as always!

So, I have to ask, what was there before? I noticed small footprints so these did not replace an old iron behemoth. Plus the structure from what I can see is fairly new.

Tell us about the project- house? Apartments? How many SF? Just to get an idea of scale. How old is it?
  • The Wire Nut
    The Wire Nut Member Posts: 422
    Options
    Beautiful work

My hat off to you and your crew. I presume that you continue to have faith in the Propress systems where others have wavered.

The pipe layout looks very methodical... and beautifully executed. Did you guys work off a plan or was this "freehand"?

The cable layouts, raceways, etc. also show a fantastic degree of attention to the details. The Caleffi bottle is big enough to double as minor buffer tank... and the cabinet around it is intended to be closed later on?

The work that went into the piping, the many shutoffs, and the supports just shows how much you guys care about longevity, silence, and maintainability.

What I have seen amazes me and I hope that the homeowner feels the same way.
    "Let me control you"

Lost in SOHO NYC and Balmy Whites Valley PA
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    SWEET!

Your company does awesome work!

Thanks for sharing Dan!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Options
    Dan...Thats nice !

Brian and his crewdo a outstanding job!!These guys love what they do because it shows

David
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,251
    Options
    Fine work

An atta boy for Brian. Maybe a raise!

Are thse press unions below the boiler on the copper?

Also I wonder about the check on the bottom right of the Caleffi? Does it remain quiet? Is it needed?

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Dan Foley
    Options
    HR

Hi HR,

In order:

Yes, Brian did an outstanding job and is well deserving of a raise, even if he is presently well compensated!

Yes, Pro-Press unions below the boiler.

There is a check valve at the return of the primary loop to the Caleffi Hydro-Separator. It is required to prevent reverse flow when DHW calls, which is a parallel load (primary pump does not run when DHW calls). It is not noisy. The only time I have had noisy checks is when they are immediately downstream of the pump. - DF

• Dave_4
    Dave_4 Member Posts: 1,405
    Options
    A tip!

Dan,

Like always, you and your crew do some great work. In my travels I get to see a fair amount of installations (Good and Bad), few ever compare to your photos. One trick I would like to pass on to you and your guys refers to the name plate on the Grundfos UP circulators. If you take a small straight blade screwdriver, you can carefully pry off the plastic cover, it snaps off allowing you to rotate it so it's in the proper position regardless of the way you mount the circulator.

J Prisby
  • Darin Cook_7
    Darin Cook_7 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Nice Work!

Dan, You have some really fine craftsman working for you. I can really appreciate the attention to detail. Where do you find all these good guys at?? Foley Mechanical is the HVAC company to call in Virginia!!

Darin

• that's pretty nice Dan, are you guys using paralell or sequential staging on those puppies?
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    DARN !

H.R. beat me to the question on the swing check! Good eyes buddy!(NICE soldering too!)

I was going to ask exactly the same, so thanks for the explanation Dan.

Amazing work by Brian and the crew...

Dan, as always...keep posting the photos. They are a true inspiration for us all. Chris
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    Sweet

Brian is the man. Thanks for keeping his work visible so the rest of us can watch and learn. WW

• Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    Options

Dan,
    Concerning another one of your jobs. Did you ever get the fuel data from the horse barn project? I realize that Prestiges were running to heat the building during construction, but if you could find out how much propane was used, I think it would be interesting. Just in your spare time! :-) Thanks!
    Ross
  • Mad Dog!!!!!!!!
    Mad Dog!!!!!!!! Member Posts: 157
    Options
    First class as usual Mr Foley

Glad you ain't in my neck of the woods. Mad Dog
This discussion has been closed.