Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Sizing radiator

Options
We need some help in sizing some radiators for an old chapel who is in renovation. This is the situation: The large chapel had three radiators in it which kept the room modestly warm. I needed to remove one radiator because it was installed in the dead middle of the floor and I was installing a new wood floor and wanted to get rid of the radiator because it was an eye soar. My thought was to increase the size of the two exosting/remaining radiators to compensate for the loss of the third. I was hoping you could give me a recomendation as to the size of the radiators I need in these two locations. I wanted to use column or tube style radiators to match the decor of the chapel. (It would be great if I could get some antique radiators that accomodate the heating needs of this room).

The two remaining radiators are different in make. One is an ordinary column style radiator and the other is a modern "slant fin" base board type radiator which is installed in only one corner of the chapel and which I am unable to calculate its EDR. I can mail you puicutes if you would find it helpful. I don't have a scanner to email them to you. You would need to email me your address and I could get them out to you. I don't have the radiator sizes at this time but I can email you this info if it is needed.

As far as the room goes, these are the dimensions:

The chapel is rectangle with a peeked ceiling and windows set high on the wall. The chapel is 30x41 feet.

The side walls face east and west with direct exposure to the weather. These side walls, east and west are 24'3" tall and 41' long.

The front and back walls are North and south facing and they are not in direct exposure. The ceiling peek is at the top center of each of these walls with the peek of the ceiling measuring 30'3". The ends of these walls are the low points measuring the same as the side walls, 24'3" talll. These walls are 30' in length.

Windows: There are 6 windows on each side wall of the chapel facing east and west. The windows measure 3'x7'3" and they are set high on the wall with the bottom of each being 22' off the floor.

Doors: There are three sets of doors in this chapel, all of which are inconventional in size and location. #1 There is a large door system at the front of the chapel on the north wall. The door measures 13feet long and 9 feet tall.

#2 Entrance doors to the rear of the chapel in the south wall. They measure 5'x9'.

#3 There is an unusual set of doors to a balcony on the south wall. The doors measure 7'X7' and are set 14' high from the floor.

The steam system: The heating system is a single pipe system fired by a new Weil McClane boiler putting out 2,000,000 BTU.

There is a 4" main going to the chapel. There is nothing else on this main except the chapel radiators and one small radiator in the entrance way. I am willing to repipe as needed.

Thanks for all of your help. I look foward to your reply.

Br. Crispin Mary, CFR
This discussion has been closed.