Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco is the best!

Options
and it only brought up the site search page for Taco .

Can you tell us what the fix was for the challenge ?

Comments

• adambuild
    adambuild Member Posts: 414
    Options
    What a great company!

I posted a challebge two days ago and didn't come up with a great solution (not for lack of trying, thank you Wallies!) Taco's Tech Support Department was patient and professional as always. I needed a way to control an indirect circ where a zone valve used to be and didn't have any great ideas, as the client didn't want to replace his Argo 10-zone controller. The great tech (unfortunately I don't remember his name and am kicking myself) suggested a diagram from their Controls Wiring Guide which fit the bill.

Link: http://www.taco-hvac.com/search.html?return_url=/index.html?PHPSESSID=a918d9cdc4993c05f180a23eca5ad45f

Thanks Taco!
  • Steven Gronski
    Steven Gronski Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Probably was.........

Either George Tabor, or Joe Mattiello ( think I spelled it right) anyways, they are all good guys and there tech support is great.........not only am I an avid Taco fan and user..........I have the honor to be a poster boy for them in there advertising.

Steve

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • adambuild
    adambuild Member Posts: 414
    Options
    Oops!

Sorry about bad link, try this:
    http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/FileLibrary/100-9.0.pdf
    The solution was to take the 24vac from the Indirect priority contacts on the Argo board and send them into "W" and "24VAC" contacts that would use one side of the line voltace relay to turn on the new indirect circ (N/O) and the other leg (N/C) to disconnect power from the boiler circ. The other side of the relay was used to close the TT contacts on the boiler. Worked like a charm! If anyone needs further help, the diagram is on the 4th page of the guide or page 2. I'd be happy to help anyone else through it.

Adam
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    One Word

Grundfos, They blazed a trail that left Taco in the dust. How many years behind the UPS15/58FC are they? How many lost sales? Pro's who know chose Grundfos!
  • Keith_8
    Keith_8 Member Posts: 399
    Options
    3 words

Made in America

To be clear I have no problem with the Grundfos product line and they very well may be made in America.

But given the choice if the Taco pump fits my application they will get my business.

Keith
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    I've heard

that Taco will soon have their own 3 speed. I'm sure they have lots of revolutionary thingts on the horizon. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • John Jr
    John Jr Member Posts: 210
    Options
    Yes But!

Grundfos does not have "The Great and all powerful JOHN BARBA!"
  • thehvacman1518960
    thehvacman1518960 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    But does Taco

Does Taco have 3 pumps that replace 37 of the competitors models thus reducing truck stock? Grundfos UPS15/58FC is made in Fresno, California. Last I looked they are made in the USA by Americans. Your move

Franz
  • Supply House Rick
    Options
    My Take

We sell both and yes, we all love John Barba. I am a Apple Valley graduate. Grundfos has freed up an incredible amount of shelf space in our warehouse. There are Taco people and Grundfos people. We are fortunate to sell both...
  • mikea23
    mikea23 Member Posts: 224
    Options
    ood

I have used and had no problems with bolth. they bolth make an excelent product. As things tighten up I think price will be the determining factor
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Options
    All Adam wanted to do

was to publicly praise the exceptional help and service given by a great company.

In any other conversation, to interupt a tribute with a "yeah, but..." is impolite, well, no, rude, IMHO.

Sure, both companies have differences and I specify both. But I do not think Adam's thread should be diluted by challenging Taco's product line. Just how I feel.

Brad
  • Kevin Pulver
    Kevin Pulver Member Posts: 67
    Options
    You have a point there Brad

As has been said here before, often the best component to use is the one with the best support. The whole thread was about the great support from Taco. If someone had simply added that they had also received great support from Grundfos, you probably wouldn't have cried foul. Kevin
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    I agree.

And your comments about politeness in this case are especially appropriate. There's a time and place for everything.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Dave Yates (GrandPAH)_1
    Options
    well said

Brad,

Thanks for saying what I was thinking.
  • Supply House Rick
    Options
    If I offended I am sorry

I was just responding that we sell and love both manufacturers. I'm not sure what Franz's beef is...

Rick
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Options
    Was not you, Rick

Not at all.
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 707
    Options

Hope I’m not out of line when I say this, but Taco really cares about the industry as a whole and not about lost sales. Taco is doing great as a company, thanks to all of the dedicated customers that know the Taco acronym is synonymous with quality. Taco has recently introduced many new products, including the Radiant mixing block, X- pump block, variable speed circulators constantly modulating I-valves, etc. Thanks to feed back from our loyal customers and a marketing group that relays information from the field to our engineering department enabling Taco to continuously introduce product conducive to the needs of the HVAC industry. For your reference I attached a technical document for sizing circulators. If anyone needs help, call Taco at 401-942-8000, and ask for the technical support department. Great bunch of guys; if I do say myself..LOL
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • Franz
    Franz Member Posts: 1
    Options
    NO CONTEST!!!

Taco may advertise all over this site, but come on. Customer service a side. Grundfos is a superior product. Put a IFC from a UPS15 and 007, you will wonder how water ever makes it through the 007. No wonder they have problems clogging up and burning out the cartridges. I am sure that the Taco people love their families, help old ladies cross the street and everything else. BUT when it comes to pump comparison there is NO COMPARISON. Wake up and smell the flo-check! Size does matter
This discussion has been closed.