Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Summer coming

Summer is almost here and I'm getting estimate for replacement.

Get to one today and go in with my paper work and tape.
Meet the homeowner and I asked so what do you have in mind?

He replys, I want to replace the furnace/ac and I got your name from the alpine distributor that have you listed as one of thier install contractor.
I replyed, yes I herd of them however,I've never gave them permission to use my name nor, have I ever done work for them.

So he looks alittle surpise and then says I have this one guy over and he quoted me a trane and I felt that was way to high.I'm pricing goodman on the internet and it no where near the cost the guy quoted me.

So being I been here before and I know I could take the high road and explain to him why he should have a load calc done.Also why it would be better to install a new distribution system because..the one he has now was never design for ac to began with.Why he does not buy a steak and take it to a resturant to cook it.I digress and ..........

I replyed..Sir,I am not able to help you.I sell only complete system as I proceeded to the front door.

Comments

• Ed_26
    Ed_26 Member Posts: 284
    estimating

Good for you... That is NOT "time well wasted".
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    *~/:)

Very well thought :)

Remember , your sanity is worth WAY more than That job.

Good For You. :)
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!