Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ub90 200

Mitch_4
Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
If you go to www.ecrinternational.com, select USA,select the Utica logo, then the litterature tab, you can find the document in the condensing boiler section. The first one says UB90 series burner change, that is the 100 series, the burner change bulletin is about 18-20 documents lower, and is specifically the UB90-200 burner change.

I have attached it here too.

Comments

• john_83
    john_83 Member Posts: 76
    Utica boiler 90

Having problem with pulsating on startup and as its running
    adjusted all my co2 levels to manufactor standards and all venting is to their standards. their tech support is pretty good . Today they had me diasemble burner to make sure no foreign materials got inside. Everything looked good. My gas pressure is 14in . Wondering if any one had any insight
  • That 14\" W.C. pressure

was that before or after the regulator? Is this LP gas or Natural gas? In both cases that pressure is very high.
  • MikeB34
    MikeB34 Member Posts: 155
    The gas train

in that system is a negative pressure gas valve.

Did you check the differential pressure as per the IOM? Did you remove the intake pipe? does it start and run right without the intake? Is the burner discoloured from heat? or damaged?

Utica came out with a burner upgrade for the UB90-200 series.

call their tech guys again
  • john_83

The gas valve is a negative pressure valve and the parameters for gas pressure is 10-14 wc. And thats pressure is right before the gas valve. As far as the burner i pulled it apart and it had some discolor but mostly a bluish color looked pretty normal to me. Their tech support never mentioned a burner upgrade. thanx for th info.
  • john_83

Forgot to write the burner runs great with vent disconnected. When it pulls fresh directly from room it runs like a top. Seems to me i have not enough air. This is only second one i put in first boiler no problems. I am a advid weil Mclain ultra installer and never have any problems with them. But it was builders choice for the utica. I guessing because of the price.
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    burner upgrade

recenly gave a ole timer plumber a hand installing one and he had similar promblems he had the swervice rep come out and he had the same promblem you are having and the gentlemen changed the burner tube said there where some promblems with a few of them after he changed the burner tube it ran excellent ,the GC used the utica also becuse of price this was a non modulating unit peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • I assume this is LP Gas

with that high a pressure so if you have 14" W.C. then the second stage regulator is adjusted above its lockup pressure and you will surely have combustion problems.

The only other thing is that you have a 2 lb or 5 lb system to a maxitrol manifold regulator with CSST. I just looked up the Dunkirk Model 200 which is the same as Utica I believe. The literature calls for 4" W. C. minimum and a maximum of 10" W.C.on natural gas.

For propane it calls for 10" W.C. minimum and 14" W.C. maximum, that is too high in my estimation. What I know about negative pressure vlaves they do not work very well with high pressures above 10" to 11" W.C.

What are your combustion analysis readings? For natural Gas CO2 should be between 9.0% and 10.0% and O2 4.5% to 5%. For LP it should be 10% to 11.5% for CO2 and 3.5% to 4.5% O2. Have you made any adjustments to the throttle screw?

You should have a differential pressure running,without blockage of 2" W.C. on your slant gauge between pressure switches and gas valve.

Does the unit sidewall vent or does it vent through the roof? You have I believe 15' minimum run and 60' maximum run on the vent. You also have reductions for each 90 degree elbow of 5'. The transistion from 2" to 3" must be made on the vertical run also.
  • Mitch

I am not able to get page 2 of that PDF file to show the burner pictures.
  • I did that I am able to get the

bulletin but on page 2 the burner pictures for some reason do not show up. Could you possibly make a copy and mail it to me at:

Gas Appliance Service Training and Consulting
    22 Griffith Drive
    Riverside, Rhode Island 02915

Sorry to be so much trouble but I have a couple of my clients who are having problems with this unit and I would like to be able to assist them. I recently sent for some manuals but bulletins do not come with the manuals.
  • Uni R_3
    Uni R_3 Member Posts: 299
    Old Copy of Acrobat?

Attached should work...
  • UniR thanks

that worked, is it that my Acrobat may be an old version???
  • Uni R_3
    Uni R_3 Member Posts: 299
    No probs...

It opened fine for me using v7.
  • peter desens
    peter desens Member Posts: 41
    Factory assistance

We have had very good luck w/these boilers, yours should not be an exception.

Please feel free to continue working with our Technical Support team, they are here to help you. 1-800-325-5479.

Peter Desens
    Technical Service Manager
    ECR International - Utica Boilers
This discussion has been closed.