Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

i need help

Options
john c.
john c. Member Posts: 4
ive been a plumber for close to 10 years....but to be honest my path never went to heating i was doing roughing on the commercial end of the business for years....i have made a transition to work in a mom and pop shop in my home town...but alas i really dont know heating.....is there somewhere other then in the field i might pick up the experience that i dont feel like a dummy in the field......any help would be thankful.....we do hotwater and steam systems ...thx again

Comments

• Steamhead (in transit)
    Options
    First, get Dan's books

"The Lost Art of Steam Heating", "How Come?" and "Pumping Away" to start off. Also "Linhardt's Field Guide to Steam Heating" by Patrick Linhardt. These cover the basics. When you understand these, you're ready to move into Primary-Secondary, Radiant Floor Heating and others. You can find them in the Online Store of this site.

Go to ANY class or seminar given by Dan, George "Firedragon" Lanthier (he handles oil heat and other topics), Alan Mercurio (oil heat) and Tim McElwain (gas). I am firmly convinced that these gentlemen are the best in the business. Get their books too.

When your suppliers have classes or "counter days", be there. These almost always feature factory reps, who you can get to know and call on if you have a question or problem.

And never be afraid to ask questions. That's how we all ended up here!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.