Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Flower cooler

Options
I have a customer who has been having problems with a walk in flower cooler for the past few years, and I would like to know where to tell him to start in finding and fixing the problem.

I know it is a split unit from Krack Corporation, outdoor unit is a model koh009h2a, indoor unit is model chsa-064ab ac. It has a crancase heater, and a solonoid valve for pump down.

The Problem as I under stand it is, the uint runs fine in consistant weather without problems. But as it warms up in the spring freon must be taken out (about a pound) or the outdoor unit shuts down on high pressure and has to be reset. In the fall as the weather cools down the unit will stop cooling and the pound of freon will have to be put back in.

This spring we have gone from teen temperatures to low 70s about 3 times. Which is aggervating their customer.

Any Insight or direction would be appreciated.

Thank-A-Lot

Terry H.

Comments

• don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    Options
    Sounds like

Sounds like it could use a receiver.

Would be nice to have some more info like.......

air entering temp.
    air leaving temps.
    condenser saturated temps.
    liquid line temps at receiver/condenser.
    liquid line temps at metering device.
    air enter evaporator.
    air leaving evaporator.
    suction line temps.
    amps /volts, at the comp.

Does it have a head pressure control or fan cycling?
  • don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    Options
    i just

I just seen the weather report for this week.Sounds like they will be going back to flood the condenser again.

• bill_71
    bill_71 Member Posts: 46
    Options

could it just be something as simple as a dirty condenser coil........get all the pigeon feathers out of it
  • Wayne_16
    Wayne_16 Member Posts: 130
    Options
    reciver tank & head pressure control device

Don is right, installing a reciever tank will allow a place for the expanded refigerant to go when the weather warms up.

Installing a head pressure device such as a Head master or an (ORI & refrigerant check valve- Sporlan design) will make the the refrigerant think there is additional refrigerant in the condenser coil during cool/cold ambient conditions. The head master or ORI & check will allow hot discharge gas to enter the condener coil, forcing the liquid refrigerant stored in the condenser to flow to the expansion valve.

Detailed instructions come with each new valve or check sporlans web site.

Is part of the problem the low pressure control will not make or opens before refigerant flow is established when the outside temperatures are low?

Wayne
This discussion has been closed.