Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Just Got These Pics

Options
Cosmo_3
Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
Brad, I just spilled coffee on my blueprint....thanks you irreverent funny man.

Cosmo

Comments

• I`m in Ontario

but there are a lot of "heavy duty" things going-on out there! They extract oil from bitumen (a Tar-like substance) found in Northern Alberta. This unit is over 500 feet long, weighs more than 1.2 million lbs., is carried on highly specialized trailers with approximately 700 wheels; it takes 5 days to haul it 600 miles. In order to cross the North Saskatchewan River it must travel east on Highway 14, then north to the Duvernay Bridge, then back west on Highway 28 to Highway 63, through Boyle and Grassland and north to Ft. McMurray.

Dave
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Options
    Holy Mama!

I do not think that there is a project south of your southern border that rivals that. Even our Ted Williams Tunnel came in on barges.

I bet the fellow that welded that in his basement was chagrined when they told him that they had to take the door off the hinges to get that beast out. :)
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • Could he

have accomplished this between hockey games, EH Brad? LOL!

Dave
  • Brad White
    Options
    That is why

I mentioned Ted Williams for whom the tunnel is named. Ted did not play hockey as far as I know. But there is commonality between Ted Williams and most Canadians this time of year- you are both frozen solid. :)
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • Brad,

that`s a terrible thing to say about the "Man" TW, are you grabbing at straws? C`mon now, thats not like you! BTW- If I didn`t understand you, I`d say you were "anti-Canadian"? , or "Canadien"!(Can you speak French?) LOL.

Dave
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Options

I think projects like this one are only intended to help with the unemployment rate...get a bunch of guys together with a welder & some steel...then give them a truck to haul the new creation around with...then find a use for it!:/ Did they ever raise that house far enough away from the contaminated ground?

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • OOOHHH Tim,

I have not been up to take any more pics of the house you speak of since NYrs day, but I will get them tomorrow and show you! How have you been?, Did you get my Email? How are things in Utah?

Dave
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    That is a mighty fine operation*~/:)

Thanks for the change in perspective. :)
  • Edward A. (Ed) Carey_3
    Options
    Big Stuff

Why do I have this vision in my head that when they arive at the destination, some guy runs out to them and says:

NO NOT THAT ONE, WE NEED THE "OTHER ONE".

Ed Carey
  • jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    I haven't

seen anything that big since visiting Cape Canaveral and looking at the Saturn Rocket.

Nice pictures.

Jack
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Looks like

triple series to me...

Where's the flue pipe connect? :-)

ME
  • Brad White
    Options
    I thought it was

the packing crate for a Saturn V rocket...

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • Don \"Grumpy\" Walsh
    Options
    Delivery

It would have been so much easier just to call UPS or FedEx!
This discussion has been closed.