Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

DIY Radiant Heat Mats

Options
Paul Pollets
Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
NuHeat mats are made in Surrey, BC. We've installed over 100 of them and they work well. They come in 110v and 220v. Custom sizes can be factory made with a 2-3 week order lag.

http://www.nuheat.com/home.html

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=104&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Laura Plett
    Laura Plett Member Posts: 3
    Options
    DIY Radiant Heat Mats

My husband and I are building a house in Oregon and will be adding electric radiant heat under the tile in 2 of our bathrooms. I can't seem to find much info on which brands are the best to go with. Costco carries Premier Underfloor Heating and I can't find that company on the web at all. It is a really good price but if it is of a lower quality it certainly is not worth saving a few $$ on. Do any of you have experience with Premier or is there another company that you would recommend? Thank you so much!!

Laura
  • kvn
    kvn Member Posts: 2
    Options
  • Laura Plett
    Options

Thanks KVN, but a couple problems with that brand even though it looked really good. 1st we are already wired for 110 and one of the bathrooms is small and I don't want to hang the transformer on the wall, and 2nd we have already put down the durock.

Laura
  • Laura Plett
    Options

I just found a phone # for "Premier" and talked to them. They said that Costco private labels the product with the "Premier" name but it is actually Watts Radiant. Any info on this brand? Good bad? Thanks!!

Laura
  • Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 717
    Options
    Laura

Hi Laura,

I have used the Watts product in the 2 bathrooms we remodeled last year. The Suntouch products or other branded Watts products work just fine. We used the mat in one bath and the wire that you string yourself in the other. Both work really well. Be sure to follow the directions and do not expect that the floor will be warm anywhere that the wires are not. The heat spreads outward very little. Use the programmable floor stat. And as a good and cheap measure, use 2 floor temp sensors (one as an installed, but not hooked up spare) For the 10 bucks it costs, it is very cheap insurance. Check the Watts radiant website. Also available from other big box stores and online.

Happy remodeling,

Larry
  • Rob Blair
    Rob Blair Member Posts: 227
    Options

Laura,

Check out my website. I sell Nexans heating products. They are the oldest heating cable manufacturer in the world. Top notch product. Can usually drop ship in 3-5 days, runs off 120 with a gfi protected thermostat.

Thanks,

Rob
  • Rob Blair
    Rob Blair Member Posts: 227
    Options

Laura,

Check out my website, www.pittsburghradiant.com. I sell Nexans heating products. They are the oldest heating cable manufacturer in the world. Top notch product. Can usually drop ship in 3-5 days, runs off 120 with a gfi protected thermostat.

Thanks,

Rob
This discussion has been closed.