Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Aerocowl vent vs Fields for Buderus DV?

Jed_2
Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
"I've used both on Buderus installs and was wondering which might work better <around windows> w/out introducing too much odor in the summer? Thx"

Hopefully you are maintaining at least the minimum, preferably more, clearance to these windows. It gets tough sometimes to maintain these clearances, but they are crucial. The Aerocowl will get the exhaust gases out further from the exterior wall, and recirculation should not be a problem. But, watch the window clearance.

Jed

Jed

Comments

• Saggs
    Saggs Member Posts: 174

Anyone have any opinions on using the Aerocowl w/ separate fresh air intake vs the Fields concentric type unit? I've used both on Buderus installs and was wondering which might work better around windows w/out introducing too much odor in the summer? Thx
  • captbuderus
    captbuderus Member Posts: 10
    Field vs areocowl

I've used only the areocowl. You may have some issues with cold combustion air. The fields "had" issues with cross contamination they may have corrected that. The more I look at it maybe powerventing is the better option.
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    I agree w/ the Capt.

I have used both...the last a Fields. I switched due to the cold air intake not allowing good atomization at the burner...they have improved it. MAke sure it is off the ground plenty....If you can use a chimney. kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.