Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Info needed Eugene...

Options
Eugene, one of my old buddies from NY now lives in Buck's County. He's trying to set up a cheese cooler and needs some technical advice. Here was his question:

"How would you convert a diesel powered refrigerated trailer to electric to maintain 55 degrees at 80% humidity for cheese aging and storage?
What particular brand and size of units and estimated cost.

That would really help the Delaware Valley College of Agriculture which is trying establish an artisan cheese program similar to the one you visited. Their idea is to help the students return to their family farms and actually make a living at it instead of giving away the milk to the dairy industry."

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=104&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options

Eugene, one of my old buddies from NY now lives in Buck's County. He's trying to set up a cheese cooler and needs some technical advice. Here was his question:

"How would you convert a diesel powered refrigerated trailer to electric to maintain 55 degrees at 80% humidity for cheese aging and storage?
    What particular brand and size of units and estimated cost.

That would really help the Delaware Valley College of Agriculture which is trying establish an artisan cheese program similar to the one you visited. Their idea is to help the students return to their family farms and actually make a living at it instead of giving away the milk to the dairy industry."

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Options
    Reefer

I have to look into some low velocity blower coils for this application.

To maintain a high humidity in the space, the difference between the box temperature (55 degrees) and the evaporator saturation temperature should only be about 10 or 11 degrees. For “normal” refrigeration applications, we typically use a delta-t of 15 to 20 degrees.

One question though,

When the cheese is being placed in this box, will it already be at the 55 degree temperature or will it have to be cooled in the box to this temperature. Also, if the cheese needs to be cooled, what is the approximate temperature of the product before it is introduced to the box. Please pardon my lack of cheese-making knowledge!
This discussion has been closed.