Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heads up New Jersey!

Just ov' ye border, yet still in Barista land here in Glen Ridge.

Robert O'Connor/NJ

Comments

• Heads Up New Jersey!

Just wanted to let you New Jersey Oil Heat contractors that the Burnham Live-Fire MPO truck will be at the March 28th meeting of the NAOHSM. This will be held at the Pensauken C.C. and is a combined meeting of the Garden State and South Jersey NAOHSM Chapters. This will be a great opportunity for those of you that have not had a chance to see and hear the Burnham MPO boiler run. I will be there and will more than likely have a chance to get up and say a few words. I'm looking forward to being there and I hope to see some of you as well!

Glenn Stanton

Burnham Hydronics
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    Robert O'Connor_12 Member Posts: 728
    Glenn

Can't they ride around to where people actually live?

Like Essex County maybe?

Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • George Peteya_2
    George Peteya_2 Member Posts: 72
    Nobody goes there anymore ...

... it's too crowded, said Yogi.

- George Peteya (Montclair native)
  • George Peteya_2
    Glen Ridge

My grandfather worked as a lamplighter in Glen Ridge. My Mom (91, God bless) said she used to help him after school.

What I remember most about Glen Ridge was the 25mph speed limit on Ridgewood Ave! I left that area for Ulster County, NY about 25 yrs ago.
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    george

I remember the 25 limit as well. We changed it. Its now 35 mph!

We currently use the local utility (PSE&G) for maintenance. Our anual cost for gas delivery and sevicing is around $175,000.

What was your grandfather's name and did he work for the Borough?

Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • George Peteya_2
    A long time ago ...

... it was, if my Mom was in school at the time, it was probably around 1925. My grandfather's name was Modesto D'Andrea. He also worked as a hod carrier (hauled concrete). Related to another thread, he learned English, learned to read, became a citizen.
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    George

I'll check. I'm typically the keeper of all things old and I'm pretty good at finding the old records. If I find something significant, do you want me to contact you?

Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • George Peteya_2
    Robert ...

... sure, thanks for your interest.

- George
  • gcardell
    gcardell Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    retired

my great uncles name was modesto,wife antonia son ralph daughter cora from montclair lived in a basement apt. hmmm ,cora's husband joe mustascio...roto rooter
This discussion has been closed.