Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Capacity Control or \"Unloader\" Q?

I to use ref. oil. Never was crazy on synthetic products in fear of contamination.

Comments

• Empire_2Empire_2 Posts: 2,343Member
    Replacing \"Unloader\"on compressor

What type of gasket seal should I use to coat the actual gasket before tightening down the "Unloader"? They reccoment "Loctite, on a Suction cutoff, but what about the Hot Gas bypass type? That is what I am replacing...
    Thanks in advance. Mike T.
    P.S I always try to prime or lube my gaskets for additional sealing integrety.
  • Eugene SilbersteinEugene Silberstein Posts: 1,380Member
    Personally...

When replacing gaskets on compressors I have always been afraid of "oversealing" so I have never used gasket sealing products. Just as with other gaskets, I moisten the gaskets with refrigeration oil, nothing more. To this day, I have not had any problems.... Don't jinx it!

Us usual, when replacing gaskets, just make certain that ALL of the old gasketing material is removed to ensure a tight seal.
  • Empire_2Empire_2 Posts: 2,343Member
    In addition,

I use ref. oil for conditioning not sealing the gasket. Makes it pliable and resiliant for joining 2 surfaces.. Agree?
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!