Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Propane Dryer Issue

Options
Blackoakbob
Blackoakbob Member Posts: 252
put the parts in the right place but there is a trick to how the orifice is set and it is always a must to check the gas pressure to make sure the regulator is adjusted correctly. You would not believe how many insurance claims are filed every year to recover the cost of toasted clothes. Leave it for the technician, you actually did the hard part, bringing it in and hooking up the vent and power. Best Regards.

Comments

• Jack Williams
    Jack Williams Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Issue with Propane Conversion Kit for Dryer

I recently bought a Frigidaire NG dryer. I also bought their propane conversion kit, PCK2003 for it. This included a new orifice, reg cap, stainless burner and new ignitor. Everything was installed per the specs in the guide and I realize this may not be the best place for this, but I need some help and any assitance would be great. I have the propane company scheduled to come out, and the gas is off until they get here. The issue is that I just can not figue out why it doesn't work. The flame starts as mostly blue, then its almost like it catches a draft an d is about 6 times as loud and roars a bit, and is mostly yello, then it will go back to blue, not really much of a reason to why it changes, and it drys clothes, it just doesn't appear right at all. I have tried adjusting the shutter to all varaiation and all the way makes it very yellow and all closed makes it better and mostly blue, though it still goes into high gear every few minutes. The propane company had little advice and will send someone, which is fine, but I am mostly concerned that it is NOT right and that the tech might just say, well its drying clothes, so it must be fine. Any tips or what I migth suggest they look at would be great. I have other LP stuff and it all seems ok.
  • Jack Williams
    Jack Williams Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thanks, I will mention this to the tech when he comes out. I am no expert, but it gets old when some techs just really have the "well it gets hot, so it works mentality" Since most of these things can work with incorrect settings for a while. Thank you
  • Dale
    Dale Member Posts: 1,317
    Options
    Vent or pressure

If all parts were installed per instructions then I would try it with the vent disconnected, if that doesn't change things the tech checking the propane pressure at the dryer valve inlet would be next with the dryer running to see if the inlet pressure followed the strange flame appearance.
  • Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    Options
    But not for very long

If the flame is going yellow it's a safe bet that it's making CO like a mad thing.
  • Christian Egli
    Christian Egli Member Posts: 277
    Options
    The barbecue dryer

Could it be the propane does not properly de-liquefied before entering the burner? Does the tank have two outlets, one for liquid and one for gas, and the wrong one is selected? Is the tank upside down or something like that?

When liquid droplets arrive at the nozzle, that's a whole pack of gas that wants to burn and there can't be enough air coming into the sleeve.

Maybe the pressure reducer freezes up. Although this sounds like a sick joke with the weather we're having now.
This discussion has been closed.