Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

improperly cut holes & icening

Options
You offered great advice about how to handle the improperly cut holes for the high-velocity system being installed in our house, and you asked for a report back. We're midway through the project, so we won't know for sure until the system is fully hooked up and operating. They patched the holes, but a painter had to repatch, sand, and paint. I also noticed that they cut a wrong hole in our attic too, which I'll have to discuss with them as well. You are right that most contractors want to do good work. At the same time, they are so busy, especially the good ones, that I've learned I have to keep track of items that concern me and raise it with them. It seems similar to dealing with a doctor. I have to take responsibility for raising issues with them, and new solutions come up as a result.

Do you know anything about "icening" insulation for the attic? The contractor is suggesting we install it (it gets blown onto the rafters, the underside of the roof) to keep the attic cooler in the summer.
Thanks,
JM

Comments

This discussion has been closed.