Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

System 2000/Energy Kinetics

B. Tice
B. Tice Member Posts: 206
The boiler is dealer direct, not distributed. You would need to contact the company and talk with the salesman in your area.The boiler has a long history, going back to 1979.

Comments

• Bob Haley
    Bob Haley Member Posts: 11
    System2000/Energy Kinetics

I have a customer who is interested in the System 2000 oil fired boiler. The house is under construction up near Lake Placid, NY (very cold)! There is no distributor in the area and no local history of this product. Need some input, please!
  • Gene_3
    Gene_3 Member Posts: 289

http://www.energykinetics.com/

I worked for the first company in CT to install these and am very familiar with them. Above I posted their site.

We did have some block failure at first but now they are on I think the 6th generation and the welds are superb.

The boiler is 2 plates of steel welded and rolled up like a snail, water passes in between the plates and the burner fires in the center and exhausts through the snail. This gives an incredible amount of heat transfer area, super efficient.

They also have a control system that will purge all the heat out of the boiler at the end of each cycle, it sits cold and only runs on a call for heat or h/w.

We found out quickly that for every 2000 we installed we needed to pick up 2 new accounts because we were losing oil sales.

On average a customer that burned 1,000 gal year now burned @500 or less.
  • Darin Cook_2
    Darin Cook_2 Member Posts: 205
    Bob

Not that I am saying Energy Kinetics is a bad boiler, but parts may be a obstacle in your area. It has been a while since I lived up there but Hulberts Tri-lakes was the only local supplier and a Weil Mclain dealer, that is one option. RE Michels is in Plattsburgh and a Buderus dealer. A G-115 is a great boiler to offer a customer and very reliable(up to 87% afue). Considering that the Tri-lakes region is always one of the coldest spots in the nation, you cannot afford to wait for parts on a no heat call as I am sure you know. Stick with what you can service the easiest.

Just my two cents worth, Good Luck Darin
  • Gene_3
    Gene_3 Member Posts: 289
    the only parts

that are not standard is the block and the Manager {controller} the controller can be bypassed easily and I have never had a catastrophic block failure, the few that leaked actually were weeping and ran until replaced, I could change a block in 2hours.

Having said that I will say that given a choice between all units made today I would have a hard time choosing between the 2000 and Buderus.

As far as eff is concerned everyone else is trying to catch up.

I think the 2000 is more eff but the Buderus has a cast iron block.
  • Terry_14
    Terry_14 Member Posts: 209
    Strong support

I have installed and repaired many in my history.

Son and Daughterinlaw attended Paul Smiths in Saranac Lake and i would have no problem installing one there.

The cold start and control from return water temp is great the stack is about 350 net and easy to clean in my history only one chamber problem an untrained installed wrong nozzle.

EK Tec. support is great and easy to understand.

The manager will flash codes to help in troubleshoting and if customer is away can triger an alarm system.

I have seen a 42 % savings over one year of service at todays prices that is a big plus.

This discussion has been closed.